What is this?

ErnestoC

Hi,

Can you help me identify this? I found it some days ago coming out beside my polyps

ernestoc-albums-lost-found-picture20622-what.jpg

Thanks! :)

ErnestoC

not sure... but kind of looks like torch coral

Torch Coral

Hi Glenn, yes it looks kind of the torch in the picture... maybe it is.. It is fun to find new life coming from your tank... one night I found a very small crab just covered with sand grains (or looked like that) and taking part of a shrimp mole to its little cave.

I will post more pictures of this in the future to see the evolution :)

ErnestoC

Cheers - every day here on RS I learn something new about the hobby - part of the fun ! :dance:

You are right Glenn, every day we learn something new and today I learned about majano anemone :p

Torch would be my guess as well. Lucky!

It is a majano anemone... I read this is not a good anemone to have on the reef right?? It is attached to a frag I got so I will probably take the frag out completely to avoid any future propagation.. Not that lucky hehe :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
that is a good id ^ majano anemone - & your are right... on wanting to get rid of him - can quickly reach plague proportions

majano3.jpg

scale in pics throws the eye

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Took the frag out with it, I am not taking any risk.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

Interesting pic. Do these tend to pop up by zoas? I had 2 pop up next to my zoas. They sure look the same to me.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

ErnestoC

Interesting pic. Do these tend to pop up by zoas? I had 2 pop up next to my zoas. They sure look the same to me.

I am not sure if that s their tendency.. I was exited that there was some freebie coming from that frag... well, maybe next time I will have more luck :)

ErnestoC

Ok I found something more in the tank... don't know what it is but it is always moving on my Red Fan Coral, it doesn't go anywhere else...

ernestoc-albums-my-aquarium-picture20627-whats.jpg

Someone identifies it?

ErnestoC

Hi Guys, just want to thank you for your help with that majano anemone, my tank is free from them :)

I found something else in my tank tonight.. it is not a small thing it is bigger than a dwarf snail and moves on the glass and swims really fast! Can you help me identifying it? Thanks!

ernestoc-albums-lost-found-picture20662-what-2.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks like a tasty snack for a live eating fish to me!

ErnestoC

Looks like a tasty snack for a live eating fish to me!

So this is harmless to my fish? I am trying to get some information about this guys, this guy is about 1/3 inch long..

I only have a coral beauty and 2 clowns for the moment inside the tank..