What is this?

mzreenie

Can anyone identify this? It came in on a piece of live rock about 6 months ago. (it is at the top right, and my YWG is below it.) At first it looked a lot like the smaller thing on the bottom left (majano?), but it has developed accordion-like ridges, and the color has changed. It is about the size of a quarter and has small tenticles which do not show up in this picture and it has not multiplied.
HH.jpg

I'm not sure I did this right, but I hope so.

seafansar

Is it hard? My guess is a fungia (plate coral). The "majano" might be one too if it's hard also. I really don't think that one is a majano, but I'd have to see a better picture to be sure.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Neither appears to be a majano to me, and I've had too many experiences with those! But I'll make some guesses. The one on the top right looks a lot like a young plate coral (fungia). The one on the left, from what I can see, looks like it has too many tentacles to be a Majano. It may be some type of anemone or one of those weird corallimorphs similar to a strawberry anemone. It also almost looks like a toadstool leather, but the tentacles look more like anemone. Is that one at all similar to the other one?

mzreenie

The one on the right has the same type of short tentacles as the one on the left. At first, they looked similar, then the one on the right developed the accordian-like ridges and has grown much faster than the one on the left. Neither has ever moved (don't majano's sometimes move around or pull themselves into a hole?). And they are not up on stalks as some majanos that I have seen in pictures. The one on the right is getting prettier all the time, so I will just wait, watch and enjoy for now I guess.

Thanks