What is this thing?

lrssix

Could someone please tell me what this is. I have two in my 37 gallon tank! They only come out when my moonligt is on. Its flat and has stuff sticking up on its back. Its not one of my turbo, magarita or nassarius snails. PLS Help!

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Didn't see the pic... might be because you just registered & are new to RS, if so, you should be able to post pics & links... once a RS Admin/Mod flips the "ok" switch...

By the description sounds like an urchin :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My first guess was also Stomatella, but the pictures aren't clear enough to be sure.

lrssix

I had to crop the pics because they were big. I will try to post better pics later. But thanks for you help so far.

redsea reefer

If it looks like this but black, then its a Stomatella snail.

Stomatella15b.jpg

If it looks like this and has no shell, then its probably a Nudibranch.

856271-Pretty-Nudibranch-1.jpg

lrssix

Red Sea Reefer: Its the first one. Thanks! i found out it was pretty good to have these.I wanted to add a peppermint shrimp to eat a few rock anenomes but i heard they were they were enemies!

redsea reefer

Red Sea Reefer: Its the first one. Thanks! i found out it was pretty good to have these.I wanted to add a peppermint shrimp to eat a few rock anenomes but i heard they were they were enemies!

Your welcome... stomatella snails are harmless algae eaters and a great part of your CUC...