What is everyone using for food? What do you recommend?

I am just starting to add livestock, and was wondering what everyone used for food? I have a bunch of different coral frags, and an anemone that came on my liverock when i bought it. I am thinking of getting a lawnmower blenny, or maybe even a clownfish. Just wondering what y'all think!

Basile

I am just starting to add livestock, and was wondering what everyone used for food? I have a bunch of different coral frags, and an anemone that came on my liverock when i bought it. I am thinking of getting a lawnmower blenny, or maybe even a clownfish. Just wondering what y'all think!

Hey Jordan, how's the battle with the algae.Keeping an eye for you take care. If your tank is still full of algae i'd hold off getting fish for a while . That means you tank is still cycling you'll kill your new fish.

The algae is all gone now! Thank God! I had that one algae bloom then it stopped growing so i went in with brushes and took it all out, and havent seen any more! Since then I have added a lawnmower blenny and a wekk later i added two clownfish! They are doing great! I also added some coral! So i am sure my tank is all cycled! However, I am having trouble finding actual recipe's for homemade mush. I have read everything everyone has posted but still cannot find a recipe. I am looking for something that tells me how much of each thing i should add, but haven't had any luck. Right now i only have the two clownfish, snails, cucumbers, 1 lonely shrimp, and a lawnmower blenny, but i would like to add two or three tangs and a flame angel, and want a recipe, so i know what to add of each thing. The guy at the LFS said to just feed mysis to the clownfish, i also have been feeding them and the coral some flake food. Does this sound right?

fivel

I don't think there is a right or a wrong way to make a homemade mush... I basically combine my frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms in warm water with some pellets and flake food. I shut off my powerheads about a minute before I feed them, which they are all trained now to line up and wait for me as soon as the power heads go off... it's so cute... and then I use an eye dropper to transfer the mush from the measuring cup I use to the tank. They devour it as soon as it hits the water whether the eye dropper is still there or not. I also feed them the individual stuff at other times throughout the day, but the mush is their main dinner just after the MHs shut off for the day. As long as they eat all that you put in the tank, you're fine. I started off by putting in little amounts at a time to make sure they were getting the right amount, and since then i've kind of just learned how much they'll eat in one sitting.