What is a good LED system for my tank?

PIMPALA

the support didnt melt all the way, just melted enough that the front glass had room to move.

you will get a HUGE shadow with any single source light you put over it. you would be better off with a pair of 150W MH than a single 250w

PIMPALA

250w MH/T5 light.

massive, annoying shadow.

84.jpg

63.jpg

57.jpg

if anyone on here has seen my duncan colony before i chopped it up... thats how i bought it like 3 or 4 years ago (on the sand, left side). i think it was 4 or 5 heads when I got it. ive probably grown a soccer ball size amount of them since that tank. lol

if you go for LED then do some research first and make sure they are adequate for the depth of tank you have. There are some £600 units out there which are no good for my depth of tank.

They seem to be like fish too.........what works great in your mates tank may not behave the same in yours. (my LFS have used the supposed market leaders and best but had worst results than the ones he changed to which us older technology!)

Singlefin

I have a DIY. 24" Heatsink. Over my 40b. 36" wide tank. Two groups of LEDs on the Heatsink. About an 8" gap between them. I have 225 par on my sandbed. Cost me about $550.

Slow your roll..