what is a good fish to add

molsen187

i recently purchased what i thought was a coral beauty angle. well it turns out it is a juvienile koran angle. this fish is going to get way to big for my tank so i will be trading it in at lfs. i was looking for some ideas on a new fish to get. i have two black and white clowns in there now and a feather duster.

jeffreyKTM

well i wouldnt get any fish from a lfs that sold a koran as a coral beauty they dont even look close.....what size tank are we talking

molsen187

tell me about it. i felt stupid when i got home, but live and learn. it's a 55g tank.all levels are at 0 as of today. calcium at 420.

lcstorc

Well, if the levels just got to 0 then you should be waiting a while before adding any fish. Take your time and choose carefully. A 55 does not have room for that much bio-load so you want to choose your fish wisely.
Personally, I have a soft spot for gobies and blennys. There are a lot of gobies that stay small so they would be definitely worth investigating.

molsen187

i'm know not to have too many fish. i am only looking into having 4 maybe 5. that is including the clowns. i'm trying to be patient and find the right fish for the tank. something that will go with the clowns would be great. i want somthing that is colorful. i have looked at goby's but they are jumpers correct. i couldn't have a jumper as he wouldn't live long in my tank.

molsen187

the levels just didn't get to 0. the tank is 3 1/2 to 4 months old. it is still in the honeymoon period, but the levels have stayed the same for a while now. the nitrates flux from 0 to 20 ppm. i take care of that with water changes though.

jeffreyKTM

they can be aggressive towards fish of the same shape or smaller fish but I like the Purple Pseudochromis colorful, hardy, and cheap plus they can get through the small nooks in the tank others cannot......they stay fairly small also