what fish would you recommend ?

Kroeger

Hey everyone I've got a 65 gallon saltwater aquarium with two clowns two fire fish and a yellow tang, also I am slowly adding corals and anemones. I'm not sure what other fish I could add because I am looking for a fish that will swim freely and all over the tank and not hide in the rocks as much as a previous fish i had which was an orchid dotty back. do you have any ideas?

looking for non-aggressive fish thank you

seafansar

I'd do a trio of anthais. Some nice ones are disbar (used to have a single one who was pretty cool), bartletts, carberryi (I used to have a school of 5 in my old 150 and loved them), ignitus, and lyretail (I have a school of 4 now and one is currently turning into a male). Fathead sunburst anthias are beautiful too, but they are very shy at first. I have 3 of those also. I bought the 4 lyretails, because I didn't think the sunburst were ever going to come out of hiding. Of course right after I added the new anthias, the sunburst have been swimming out in the open every since! Oh well, they're all beautiful!

seafansar

My lyretail and sunburst pretty much ignore eachother. The lyretails school together and the sunburst each have a section of the tank to themselves (they don't really school). I did add the disbar to my school of carberryi before I sold them and he fit in just fine. Acted like part of the school. So from my limited experience, I would think it would be fine.

reefer gladness

I don't think a 65g is large enough for anthias. Do some research on liveaquaria.com and elsewhere and you'll find the minimumrecommended tank size is 125g. Then consider the bio-load being added to your tank which already has 5 fish and your really pushing the limits by adding 3 medium sized fish.

Haaileybop

Midus blenny is one of my favorite fish and should get along fine with your others :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lilj104

i was told that fish would grow too big for my aquarium with at yellow tang already in there?

don't they get aggressive as they mature?

Chromis no, other damsels yes.

You can go for a six-line wrasse, clown goby, blenny, mandarin goby

Choff

Love my mystery wrasse I just added. He cruises nonstop through all the Tony crevices in my rocks. Stunning yellow eyes.

Also a big fan of blennies, but mine,blackfin fang, is on the shy side.

I would never recommend chromis. I hate mine and want them out. I had 4 they harassed 1 to death and the big one owns the middle of the tank and was chasing everyone away.... Until I added a trio of anthias that are much bigger. Seems to have cooled his jets a bit on the other fish, but still terrorizes the other chromis. They don't school. I know all fish are different, but I have since read many similar stories with chromis.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

tommyboynj

With what you have in there already you don't have much room left. I would skip the Anthias unless you get one. I have one Lyretail in my tank and he's doing great. You have to feed regularly with these guys though. I would look at a small Blenny or a wrasse. 5 Chromis in a 65 will quickly lead to 2 or 3 Chromis.