What do you do with your dirty water change water?

What do you do with your dirty water change water?

• Down the toilet/drain

Votes: 73 74.5%
  • Somewhere in the yard/driveway

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Don't do water changes

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other, I bet there are some interesting answers here

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Rcpilot

Has been struck by the ban stick
I only have a 30g tank and a 5g tank. 6g every Sunday, down the kitchen sink.

Surfnut

Doesn't that kill your desert sand?

Those things scare me. I'm glad I'm just a wee bit too far north. (for now) :help:
Them and killer bees.

You think Fire Ants are bad? Here in Coarsegold California we have nocturnal mountain ants. Bright yellow with a black or dark brown head. The bastards have a nest under my workshop attached to the house atm.

Oh yeah, the fun part...

They're nearly an inch long. They also feel like mini jaws of life if they get a hold of you. Every night there are at least a few hundred of these lil buggers that take over my front porch (80' x 8' Wood Plank Porch). My dogs and cat occasionally get a hold of one and think they're in heaven. Must be sweet tasting to them I guess; My cat goes on nightly hunts to find em. Thank goodness they only work they're way in on occasion, generally a few a week.

My first experience was painful to say the least with these guys. I was in the workshop in the late evening during on of our first nights in the house. I reached behind a paint can on the floor and nearly instantly had a good 30 of the lil bastards on my hand and biting. Pullin them off tore deep gashes into my skin. So I went inside and ran scalding water over my hand to get them to release.

I'm still fighting these lil yellow demons, tho I think I have the upper hand now...<crosses fingers>

Passing thought,... I've toyed around with the notion of getting a hold of one of the queens during this summers mating season. I've got 2 pieces of tempered glass that used to cover my oak desks at our office. If I used both of those pieces in a metal or wooden frame I'd end up with an ant farm roughly 2' tall by 6' wide; Leaving a 2" gap between the pieces for the ants to occupy. I'll post pictures if I get around to it. All of this depends on whether I can find myself a fertile queen on the property while she's searching for a new colony site.

One final thought...

Put the Ant Farm against the back of a Saltwater tank & watch the fish constantly trying to get at em.. Hours of drunken or stoned entertainment. :bouncer:

RNicorvo

Well I'm going to try to drown our fire ants!

I also have a 500 gal water garden outside. I went to feed the Koi and fish about a month ago and the little buggers got inside my crocs. For some reason, they crawl on you, wait, the signal goes out and they start attacking all at once!

My shoes stayed outside for 2 weeks! It takes about a month for the bites to thoroughly go away. Meanwhile, after using Accent salt salve, tons of benedril, wheeeeeeee! ( That will knock you out ) cold packs for the swelling for two days then you itch like there's no tomorrow. Flame on! :flame:

Rotten little buggers for sure.