What could it be?

redsea reefer

I've had this growing for a little over a month now. I thought it was HA cause it looked exactly like it, now I'm not so sure. Just a few days ago it started looking like this. Here are a few pics, any ideas ????

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Weird stuff! It doesn't look like Bryopsis to me either. Is it turning lighter in color than before? It almost looks like it's covered in eggs, but maybe those little round things are spores getting ready to be released?

redsea reefer

Weird stuff! It doesn't look like Bryopsis to me either. Is it turning lighter in color than before? It almost looks like it's covered in eggs, but maybe those little round things are spores getting ready to be released?

Yes Terry, it was darker before and looked exactly like HA. It does look like spores getting ready to release. I almost want to leave it alone and see what happens cause I have never seen this before but it might turn around and bite me in the butt. Thanks!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Eddie - Let us know what happens with it.

If you make wine from it, send it to Al for a toxicity lest LOL!

redsea reefer

I did some more searching, I found that it looked more like Maiden's Hair algae rather than regular HA but found nothing on the eggs or spores on it.

Dweezil

I've been looking for you also Eddie....I can't find anything that looks like what you have...You're Unique :)

wm23oh

It reminds me of bladderwort. I doubt it is but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Best wishes,