What Chiller for RSM130D in the UK

Hi,

I’m interested in knowing what my options are for a chillier for a RSM130D. The summer is on its way and if we’re lucky enough to get one this year I want to make sure I know what type of chillier I need, where to get it from and approximately how much they cost. Or is their an alternative (easy, cost affective) way of tackling summer temperatures.

I’m located in the UK so looking for something I can get over here, if anybody could suggest something or let me know how they tackle summer temperatures in the UK that would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

VP Clown

Hi,

I’m interested in knowing what my options are for a chillier for a RSM130D. The summer is on its way and if we’re lucky enough to get one this year I want to make sure I know what type of chillier I need, where to get it from and approximately how much they cost. Or is their an alternative (easy, cost affective) way of tackling summer temperatures.

I’m located in the UK so looking for something I can get over here, if anybody could suggest something or let me know how they tackle summer temperatures in the UK that would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

I use a peltier type chiller /heater on my 130. Started using it last year before the hot weather, and it kept the tank @ 25°C -+ 1°C ever since. Very quiet operation and don't use refridgerents(sp) so cheaper to run. Mine is a Teco Micro and probably would be better with the next size up - but works a treat

Andy

Nowellsy SNR

Nope there not mate but its that ease of mind

Summer is creeping up now its been nice for allmost a week no rain for ages up in the NorthWest

Cheers VP Clown I'll google that.

cnfzd: I've googled it cnfzd: , don't really know what I'm looking for so a web link would help.
Somewhere where I could buy one and find out how they work.

Cheers

Steve

VP Clown

Cheers VP Clown I'll google that.

cnfzd: I've googled it cnfzd: , don't really know what I'm looking for so a web link would help.
Somewhere where I could buy one and find out how they work.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

This is the one that got me interested, and is used by a lot of RSM owners,
Ocean Geotronic
I think you need the 150 model, it was supplied by Ultimate aquatics but they no longer stock them.

I couldn't get hold of one and went for a Teco, actually I saw it advertised as unused on ebay, but even though it is absolutely on the limit it does work extremely well -

Andy

Cheers Andy,

Not sure where I would mount that. Where do you have yours mounted, any chance of a photo.

Just looked through the PDF user guide, I think I see how it works. Still wouldn't mind seeing a photo of yours.

Sorry to be a pain.

Steve

VP Clown

Cheers Andy,

Not sure where I would mount that. Where do you have yours mounted, any chance of a photo.

Just looked through the PDF user guide, I think I see how it works. Still wouldn't mind seeing a photo of yours.

Sorry to be a pain.

Steve

Mine is on the floor next to the tank, but most who had the ocean one put them under the tank in the cabinet, then most put grills in the door of side
A guy called nightfox( I think the forum was reefsuk but not definate) on a uk forum had one and I've also seen a few names on here as well that i recognised from the uk forums had them as well - all swore by them.
Andy

badgerman

hi mate,

i've just got a D&D 300 reconditioned from my lfs. (still comes with full 1 year warranty, boxed as new for 150 quid less than new prices. result!

it sits in the cabinet no problem as its great to know its there as my new build flat gets roasting in the summer.

not the quietest, but i'm not bothered about that as i'll be at work whenever it actually comes on, and it works a treat.

hope that helps, if you want details of where i got it from let me know.

cheers, fletch

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
fletch

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Tell us about your tank ! Cheers !

Shazbah

Hi Anthony
I have a Hailea 150A. It does the job pefect and gives me piece of mind because soon as the temt hits 26 the chiller cuts in and brings it back down to 25. I also have a Eheim canister filter that runs the chiller. This is also great as i have removed all media and filled it with things like carbon,rowaphos,purigen, Denitrate. I can change media without putting hands in the tanks. I have the canister filter in the cabinet and the chiller by the side as they do tend to get very warm and need lots of ventillation. I now could not be without a chiller as before, my temp was hitting 30 and higher
Hope this helps
Sharon

Cheers guys this is all very helpful. Appreciate the help.

Works not looking good at the moment so may need to hold off any major purchases, I've also over committed on 3 expensive diving holidays, which I committed to earlier in the year. Not complaining because I love my holidays especially diving holidays but the credit card now needs paying off especially if things don’t work out at work.

Anyone got any advice on winning lotto numbers.

Again many thank for the advice.