Water change question

Should i do water changes even if water Par. are all good i can go a month and a half to 2 months with out a change in my water.this is my test today.
Nitrate -.05
Nitrite- 0
Ammonia-0
Phosphate-0
Calcium-460
KH-214.8ppm
PH-8.13
Salt-1.026
Temp-77.4
Every things is doing well just wonder if it is nessary. DT is 220gal Sump 100 gal Refuge 15gal

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
water changes accomplish a few things:
1 - keeping parameters in check - amm, trites, trates etc
2 - adds trace elements that most don't dose for
3 - good supply of Ca and Alk
4 - reefer piece of mind!

I'm sure there are more but in your case, if you're parameters are all good, then your tank is well equipped and matured so it doesn't seem like you need to but keep an eye on it!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I can add... following this advise has worked well for my tanks :dance: corals & fish thrive, and tanks 99.5% algae free

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Water changes also serve to export contaminants and DOC's that simply accumulate in the tank. Remember we're dealing with a Closed Loop so whatever is IN there stays in there unless something removes it or EATS it!

It's like how nice it is to open all the doors and windows that first time in the spring after having the house closed up tight all winter. It's just nice to get nice clean fresh AIR!

Since water is the single largest component of your reef tank you need to do all you can to keep it in TIP TOP shape and water change is your new best friend :)

softreef

Should i do water changes even if water Par. are all good i can go a month and a half to 2 months with out a change in my water.this is my test today.
Nitrate -.05
Nitrite- 0
Ammonia-0
Phosphate-0
Calcium-460
KH-214.8ppm
PH-8.13
Salt-1.026
Temp-77.4
Every things is doing well just wonder if it is nessary. DT is 220gal Sump 100 gal Refuge 15gal
I have been doing 5 week water changes for ever. Simple answer is keep doing what you are doing.