Water being left in 15 metre water change hose...

zak786

Hi

How do I pump out water being left in a 15 metre stretch of hose between my water change container and my aquarium.

Is their pump I could use to pump out the residue as I am getting tired of manually doing it..

Any ideas ?

cbrownfish

Can you make a high point midway (higher than both the aquarium and water change reservoir) or have it angled downward toward the water change container? Gravity is probably your best option.

zak786

Hvae tried this already....it didnt work so well...Is there no pum out there that will push the water out of the end of the tube ???

You could just attach an air pump to one end to push the water out. (needs a somewhat capable pump though.)

Gravity is still the best bet.

zak786

Because it still leaves water in the hose...the pipe is 15 metres long !! I dont want to have to lift it to get the last bits of water out...

Any idea on the pump all ??

Why did gravity not work? You do have to let air in to get the water out though.

BobBursek

a pump would have to be at the end you want to water to exit, and not be able to draw in much if any air in the process. Blow it out with compressed air, the air would have to be able to pouch out the water and not flow over the top of the water in the line. Why not just leave it in there until the nest water change.