wassasdas?

picked up some live and base rock

the live rock has a worm on it, small, red and about 1/2" long looks like a centipede

not overly concerned about it, but i have a couple other things im wondering about

DSCF0464.jpg

these little gaffers are everywhere on my rocks. in orange and this red...good or bad?

and this..

DSCF0460.jpg

i dont know how well you can see these things, but along the bottom, there are a bunch of little red things sticking straight off the rock, about 1/8th of an inch long.... again.. good or bad?

thanks RS

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Is the red one in the first picture round? If it is it looks like a harmless feather duster tube worm. If the fan is flat like a sweeping radar screen, and gets pulled it frequently it may be a barnacle - also harmless.

I can't recall the name of what those may be in the second picture.

Enjoy the life on the rock!

MrPex

+1 with reef with the feather duster on the first pic... i have a ton of olive colored ones and just found my first red one the other day. they're good- they filter the water.

kinda hard to tell in that second pic, but they look like snails. i can't remember the name, but they are sessile and not harmful. if you look at the end of the tube REALLY closely, you may see a little bit of something sticking out a bit and moving a little. the way they feed is by casting out a line of slime, then sucking it back in and eating whatever it caught. but if you touch those tubes, be careful, they're sharper than snot and cut fingers and fish pretty easily. too many of them may be indicative of overfeeding or too many nutrients, but a few here and there are fine- enjoy 'em!

aaromano

the first pic is either feather duster or barnacle. the second pic looks like it might be a red turf algae doesn't look like vermetid snail to me but hard to tell from pic