Wall-To-Wall Reflection Shot

Witfull

Originally posted by 64Ivy
I'll be taking a few more tomorrow and posting by the end of the week.
come on weekend,,,,looking forward to seeing thew rebirth of a great tank,.....from the ashes of dissaster the Phoenix rose!

64Ivy

As promised, I've attached a few brand new (or very recent) images of my reef tank. My sincerest apologies to those of you on dial-up.

Newest (6/1/04) full tank image. The Sohal is named Atilla. I've had him several years now and he's nearly a foot long.

June-04-Reeftank-1.jpg

Colorful center section.

Colors.jpg

Yellow Montipora detail.

Yellow-Monti-Detail-2.jpg

'Snowflake' zoanthids. No two alike.

Starry-Zoos.jpg

Frogspawn Portrait. It's currently larger than a volleyball.

Frogspawn-Portrait.jpg

"Pssst. Wanna see the latest issue of Mouthbrooder?"

Pssst.jpg

Rhodactis Mushrooms.

Fancy 'Shrooms.jpg

Macro shot of axial corallite on teal A. formosa

Teal-Polyp.jpg

'Wiseguy', my Flame Hawk 'hides' amongst a forest of chocolate browm M. digitata that grew spontaneously from the LR.

Hawkfish-In-Brown-Monti.jpg

All images taken with Canon equipment, Cameras: EOS D60 & EOS 1Ds Lenses: 16-35mm, 28-70mm, 100 macro, 180 macro. Accessories include Tripod, Flash, 2-stop neutral grad filter, Photoshop CS.

Curtswearing

Absolutely stunning shots!!!

PS....that was a great Macro shot of the corallite.

My frogspawn is getting big but a VOLLEYBALL???? WOW

Maxx

Mike,
At some point the cycnic in you has to kick in and be suspicious of the constant praise and adulation of your tank, (I've seen your work. I know you've got a cynical side!), but ya know what, I dont care.
I'm glad you post shots of your tank and honestly, (near as I can tell sitting on the other side of the computer...) talk about the troubles you've gone through w/ the tank. I know you must have been getting frustrated when you were dealing w/ the RTN of several corals, but your tank has bounced back impressively.
I can truthfully say that if I were ever to be in your house, I wouldnt be able to describe anything else in it, except the tank...
Wow.....thats all I can say....
Thanks for sharing.....
Nick

PS...just out of curiousity, do you have any shrimp in the tank, or has the flame hawk munched em all?

64Ivy

Originally posted by Maxx
Mike,
At some point the cycnic in you has to kick in and be suspicious of the constant praise and adulation of your tank...

Nah,I really don't... :D But the REASON I don't is because during much of the trials and tribulations I didn't have what you would call the greatest of support systems. I'm not talking about my immediate family here ( my wife DOES tolerate the time and energy I spend on the tank...most of the time) but my friends, who are all non-reefers, really don't get it. Yeah, they'll ohhh and ahhh when everything is looking good, but why a 'normal' person would spend so much effort on 'colored sticks' just mystifies them. During those times, they think I should just get a rosy boa or something and call it a day. Believe me, it's wonderful to recieve a compliment by people who truly understand how difficult this hobby can be sometimes.

PS...just out of curiousity, do you have any shrimp in the tank, or has the flame hawk munched em all?

All I have is a pistol shrimp that hitchiked in with the LR. Before I got my Copperband though, I tried adding a half dozen Peppermints to control a growing Aiptasia problem, completely forgetting that the Hawkfish would prey on them. Man, he must've thought he died and went to Heaven that day! Picked off half of them before they hit bottom. The rest were gone by...oh, I'd say by the time it took to read this sentence. Obviously, I don't tell this story much, especially to my aforementioned friends. Imagine what they'd say if I admitted to spending over a HUNDRED BUCKS on dinner for a Hawkfish!

Maxx

my friends, who are all non-reefers, really don't get it. Yeah, they'll ohhh and ahhh when everything is looking good, but why a 'normal' person would spend so much effort on 'colored sticks' just mystifies them.
Yeah, my girlfriend is kinda disinterested in the whole thing too. She would get annoyed at all the money I spent on the aquarium, until I told that I would sell the aquarium and everything in it, and with the money I made and then the money I would be saving, I could take up other hobbies........like whiskey, loose women, and gambling.
She was fine w/ the tank after that.

:D
Nick