Vortec MP10 Powerhead

Big Pete

Hi Guys

has anyone fitted a Vortec MP10 in their RSM 250 to get a little extra flow, i just wondered if it would work well or would i need to step up to the MP40.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Big Pete

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
I. have the 40 as I was concerned I'd have to run the 10 at max to get the flow I wanted.
Did not want to risk hearing it at max.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have two MP-10s in my RSM 250 and they work great. No complaints here!

Big Pete

Hi Mark 9

that was my concern, that the power heads would be running full steam, i may just get a 40.

Big Pete

This looks cool man good looking tank, so can you create waves Etc... With both going

Sorry for the stupid questions

KarlyBoy

I have 2 x MP10wES, and love them, noise is nothing, cooling fans in hood are noisier, and they are not loud

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I also have TWO MP10wES on my RSM 250. I run them at 100% in anti-sync mode and have no issues.
If one quit for any reason...I'd replace ASAP.
I L:heart:VE my 2 Vortech MP10wES additions!

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
This looks cool man good looking tank, so can you create waves Etc... With both going
Sorry for the stupid questions

You may want to read up on waves.
Yes, its "cool", but it may not actually be something you want to do very often.

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
I ran one MP10 for a while, which worked fine. But now I have two MP10s running in anti synch mode and would never go back to one. I run them somewhere around 65% in either reef crest mode, or nutrient transport mode. I also have them go onto night mode around 10 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy Page

You may want to read up on waves.
Yes, its "cool", but it may not actually be something you want to do very often.

Sounds like you are not in favor of waves, can you explain a bit more please Mark ?
Thanks again,

Roy

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
For me, I run my tank too full to create wAvEs....my 2 Spin-Steams gently ripple the water surface.
I've seen videos where the mp10s are making big waves but I'd think you'd have to keep a much lower water level in your tank to do that :ponder2:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I run mine at 100% in nutrient transport mode and also night mode starting at 9:00PM.

Roy Page

We are running a single MP40wES and can now properly set Modes and make adjustments after Ecotech replaced the control unit.

A problem I have is how strong to set the flow in the various modes.
This unit can pretty much wash the whole tank around on full speed.

I would appreciate some ideas of what % to set the flow in the Reef Mode using a single MP40 in an RMS 250 ?

Roy

Pat24601

Here you go:

Greg,

Great pics!

My LFS recommended these and they do sound cool.

But, I am kind of wondering if they disrupt the "side view" of the tank. Where my tank is located the side view is (deliberately) important.

Might be a noob question. I'm learning a ton.

Also, while not about RSM specifically, I found this video useful in explaining how these work for anyone new like me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ikF91suHI

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Nice video! I do have one on the "view end" of my tank. It's not bad to me, I still enjoy the end view of my tank. I have it close to the back wall, the benefits far out weigh the small distraction IMO.

jvelkgrove

I currently have 1 MP10 on my RSM-250, I just ordered a 2nd one. I would like to know what position/placement Y'all have yours in?

Thanks...