Very strange Amonia reading..

Just got some live rock shipped to us this afternoon. Cleaned it in a salt water bin toothbrush and all pretty well, then put it in our curing bin. Its been about 7 hours since it has been in there. Just did an ammonia test and it is at 0. I was reading that it can take up to 4 weeks to full cure and ammonia levels to drop to this reading. So I assume we got extremely lucky, or the ammonia and or die off hasn't taken place. As of now we were thinking of letting it stay in the bin till tomorrow morning and then test the water again and if at 0 still put it in the tank? Just for reference it is 50lbs of fiji rock.

Sounds like a plan. Think I will start taking pictures of some stuff, I find the ones that people have posted on here very intriguing and since I'm going to start building a refugium tonight why not!

saltwaterdreams

We have had the rock curing for a week now. It did spike in Ammonia but we tested it last night and it is back down to 0. Is this ok to put in our tank now? It seems like that went fast, curing for only a week? Thanks