Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

framerguy

the circle cutter is one crazy device MUST have drill press, the whole press is shaking around the garage, im holding it down with my knee while making the cut :D
That's hillarious! BTDT. That's a great tool and looks easier than the methods I have been using...although my press doesn't walk around with mine :smck: If you want to see how I've been doing it, check out this http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/diy/33397-giant-beckett-skimmer-build.htmland go to the Flange making post.

Varga

Thanks everyone. yours is looking way cleaner than mine Greg. I'm using weld on to fill a bunch of gaps :) for my next one, I will upgrade the saw blades.

BarbMazz

Great scores on the frags, Varga.. I'm so jealous of you people with good LFS in your neighborhoods!

I have a question for you; do you ever do "work". You know, for money to pay for things in life? lol You have all this time and energy to do these incredible and huge projects! Are you an alien? Do you sleep?

:snshne: :ponder2: :tongue: :p :goofy:

chunky

Looks like you made it out to Barrier Reef this weekend! I scored some nice pieces myself over the weekend from them too. Gotta love that place.

Varga

Great scores on the frags, Varga.. I'm so jealous of you people with good LFS in your neighborhoods!

I have a question for you; do you ever do "work". You know, for money to pay for things in life? lol You have all this time and energy to do these incredible and huge projects! Are you an alien? Do you sleep?

:snshne: :ponder2: :tongue: :p :goofy:

are you kidding, I'm working 10-12 hours a day right now, this is what we did last week, painted the outside, three men, 4 business days :D

Attachments

• gibson2 [640x480].jpg
    gibson2 [640x480].jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 203

Varga

Looks like you made it out to Barrier Reef this weekend! I scored some nice pieces myself over the weekend from them too. Gotta love that place.

yup, those guys are great.....especially when they have a sale. 5g of salt is $34??!! thats crazy. I mostly buy from RF guys though. which WA city are you in?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice work Varga! I would love to see your work up close. We need to get a thread going of our jobs. I do some pretty serious wood flooring installing and finishing. I have a huge hand scraped American walnut job coming up soon. Should be pretty.
I have a lot of friends that are painters. They too are very good at what they do. I can appreciate your work and know your not getting houses like that if your not awesome at what you do.

chunky

I'm down in Kent so Barrier Reef is this closest LFS to me (works out well). I usually go to them or the folks out in Issaquah.

JoJo

nice acrylic work Varga. have you thought about putting a price on them and making them for fellow reefers?

Varga

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments, we are now doing another house on the same street, this one is #6 on that street, allot tougher though, it has a 37' chimney in the middle of the roof!!! the guys power washed it today, I couldnt even look at the way they had the ladders up there :D

reactor not doing so good, simply could not seal the top so I took it apart, need a bigger flange and better gluing. saved the cylinders but they are an inch shorter now.

anyone know what I can use as giant washer? I'm using pond liner, not working so good.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
DOOD! That's some serious house painting! thanks GOODNESS for painters! Not my thing! give me a PC and I'm all over it!

:)

Varga

these little guys are growing so fast now

Attachments

• mangroves [640x480].jpg
    mangroves [640x480].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 165

Varga

they got 4x23W 6500K from the HW store. today I remade the flange, got some gasket material and just glue/clamped the reactor back together, might just be done by tomorrow night if I cancle all other plans :D

Got some more flow in the tank too, one modded MJ1200 and one modded coralife850, on top of what I had which is 2x koralia 4's and 2 Iwaki 30 return pumps. things are blowing around like crazy. Pretty much the entire sand bed is on the move :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I am pretty sure there is an o ring link in my skimmer thread. Framerguy also posted that link in his monster skimmer thread.