Urgent!!! Maroon Clown QUESTION IMPORTANT!! Life or Death!!

ny104li

I have a 30 gallon tank with a Maroon Clownfish and a Sand Sifter, my girlfriend just surprized me with a Gold Stripe Maroon, my question is if I put the GSM in the 30 gallon with the regular Maroon is it possible they pair up or will they most likely fight???? They are both the same size and the Maroon has only been in my tank for about 2 or 3 days... Help please!!!!!

surfzone

Sounds like you will have a maroon fight on your hands. how large are they? if they are both small you may beable to get away with it, but if they are both rather large than you will have a fight on your hands.

surfzone

i've seen odder couples in the clown world, but i would watch them closely you will know if they will not go together rather quick

lcstorc

You could try putting them both in neutral territory like a qt tank. Anything you can do to disrupt the original clown is good. It thinks it is the boss since it was there first.
Re-arranging rockwork can help sometimes.

ny104li

The GSM that I just got won the fight against the Maroon and was kicking his ass so I took out the Maroon and put it in my 55G and the GSM in the 29g

yungreefer2410

try putting them both in there then right away rearrange the rock as different as possible and that should work. they would both feel new then.

Techno-Vicki

I have to laugh, it sounds so much like when I put my two maroons together. However, there was a very distinct difference in size. The female was in the tank, and I wanted to move my male (smaller) in with her. I had him in a floating bag to see what would happen. Well, she was very aggressive with the bag, attacking it constantly. I decided to wait. About a month later I put him in the tank at dark. They became a mated pair. I can not say that will happen; it just did for me.

mettjl03

All I have to say about this is.... FIGHT FIGHT!!! This is a no go in my opinion. Why would you even want to risk it? I agree with the above comment, take it back to the fish store and trade it in!