Picture039.jpg

sometime same day
Picture008.jpg

last night
Picture041.jpg

right now
Picture043.jpg

Picture045.jpg

I know nothing about anenomes, but have been following this post. Looks to me like the little guy is settling in and is ready for some of your TLC. Definitely looks like it has more kick in it than when you first got it. Best of luck to you!

burning2nd

thank you,

still not sticky, (i guess) (cause i dont know what stick would be like) but its doing better moved a little a lot more of the little tentacal thingy are moveing now

burning2nd

looks even better then a few hours ago now :) every time i come back its looking better, stickyness were does that come from, how do they maintain it,

will it grow back
stickyness

Witfull

the anemone maintains its stickyness. best thing to do right now is leave it be. its very stressed and the more touching and such will weaken it more.

BoomerD

Stickyness is the nematocysts firing into your fingers...If you were a small fish, it would then haul you in for a meal! Use extreme caution when handling/touching an anemone that you wash your hands very well afterwards, and DON'T touch your eyes or other sensitve areas! the nematocysts can still hurt you, even though you may not feel them in your fingers!
As for your sebae...it looks like its surviving, but still severely bleached. It will have an uphill struggle to survive long term, but with proper care, it should make it. Light is VERY important for anemones, and since your's has lost it's zooxanthellae algae in it's tissues, YOU will have to supplement it's feeding more carefully than with a healthy anemone. Chop pieces of silversides, dinner shrimp from the grocery store, or other NON-oily fish into tiny pieces. (about 1/4" cubes) and feed every 2-3 days. You can soak the foods in Selcon or Zoecon, (both nutritional supplements) if you choose, but it's not required.
Sebaes (especially bleached ones) have a poor survival record in aquariums. YOU, as well as the anemone have a long hard fight ahead...

Warnberg

BoomerD hit it right on the head, however I will tell you it is not impossible, it can be done, mine is still going strong and it even survived the "incident"... tank temp hit 92.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Yes it can be done but very difficult especially if doesn't "stick" which means it will not feed and since it's bleached the prospects don't look good. Mine took 4 months to recover but was sticky and eating very well.