update on juvenile plate coral

Hey Reef Sanctuary,
Thought I'd let you guys know and see new updates on my baby plate coral that came from my live rock. A couple of months back I posted in Reef HitchHiker ID forum with a photo of a soon to be be plate coral, it was very healthy and seemed to be growing very quickly from the little crevice he was originally found; I was concerned that it would soon outgrow that spot and tare its flesh.
Last night I came home and saw the skeleton of where he was at and near its proximity I saw my new-loose plate coral. Here's some pictures of before and what it looks like now. It's not fully opened yet and I don't know how it can live without what seems to be a lack of skeleton. Anyone has previous experience or suggestions on how to keep it content?

First picture is the skeleton on the left and on the right its the plate coral on a shell to keep him from floating away.
The next picture is the original guy when he was still in his tiny spot.
Lastly, is photos of plate corals when they're juvenile (this photo helped ID my guy in the first place)
Sorry for the poor picture quality...

Attachments

• platecoral.jpg
    platecoral.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 40
  • fungidbabies.jpg
    fungidbabies.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 40
  • anemone id.jpg
    anemone id.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 40

catran

Gosh, wish I could help. He seems to be happy, with his tentacles out though. Not sure he can form a new skeleton. I would have to look into that. Although all I read is not positive, I hope he will be okay!