Tooolouds 125 Gallon reef!

Michael_Lambert

Alright So just wanted to share..

Hardware:

-125 Gallon All Glass tank ( 72 x 18 x 22 ) Drilled with Center overflow 2 inch hole.
- 30 Gallon Acrylic sump
- MTC 4500 Pro Skimmer ( air stone driven)
- SQWD Run off a Rio 2500
- Little Giant 2MDXQ ( run Closed Loop)
- 2 x MaxiJet 1200's
- Lighting ( 2 x 250 watt XM 20ks ) single 140 watt URI Super actinic VHO

Live Stock

- 160 Pounds of Live rock
- 100 Pounds of Live sand ( New Castle )

Corals

-Caps ( Green/purple rim , Purple, Brown/purple rim, Red, Pink)
-Acroporas ( not sure 2 colonies , 5 frags )
-Montipora , large Brown with purple tips
-LPS ( Large Green Hammer, green Hammer with purple tip, Green Frogspawn, Pink Pear bubble,
-Pink exiena
-Green Clove polyps
-Mushrooms ( Large Hair greens, Reds, Purple blue dotted)
-Leathers ( umbrella, Finger, Colt, kenya)
-Zoanthids ( Orange, Yellows, greens, reds,pinks and blues )
-Blue Corcea Clam ( 4 inches )

Fish

Vlamingii Tang , 2 true perculas, 3 Blue chromis,Copper Band Butterfly, 6 line wrasse, Mandrin, Yellow goby, 2 Surpet stars

And here are some pictures. ( sorry the tank does need some cleaning )

Full Shot of tank.
246Fullshot1.jpg

Left Side of tank.
246Left_side.jpg

Center of tank.
246Center.jpg

Right side of tank.
246Right_side.jpg

And my Favorite Zoanthids.
246Prize_Zoanthids.jpg

Hope you all like, More pictures to come!

Thanks
Michael

Cougra

I really like your zoanthid colony. Very nice colours. Where abouts did you get them from? I"m looking for some green ones with the green centres

Playa

What a beautiful reef Michael. You have some great looking corals, the aquascape is a lot fun to look at and I just cant wait to see it in a year or so.

Keep up the with the enthusiasm, you are a great asset to this hobby.

Luis

Michael_Lambert

Originally posted by Cougra
I really like your zoanthid colony. Very nice colours. Where abouts did you get them from? I"m looking for some green ones with the green centres
Cougra,

They came in on ORG's Waltsmith shipment about a year ago.. The rock they came in on had about 20% of the zoanthids that are on there now...

Playa , Not sure about being an asset... But do love this hobby with a passion!

Thanks
Michael.

Cougra

Thanks toooloud. I guess I don't stand a chance of finding any left over there from that shipment then!

Michael_Lambert

Well i was in removing some of the corals that i no longer want that I'm giving away to some and selling some..

Well when i removed a Frog spawn the who tank came pretty much crashing down! So i decided now was a good time to re-aquascape and add in the 60 pounds of base rock that i bought from ORG a few weeks ago.

Well I'm not sure how well it looks? but at least now there are many many more Holes i can fill in with new frags i hope :)

So here we go, it was Live rock ( Florida rock ) That came out of a old tank that was left out to dry.. So i had it cycled in my tank for a couple of weeks and now here we go i dumped it into the tank.. mainly filling in the back of the tank , Sense i had most of my rock piled along the center of the tank so now I'm filling in the back of the tank Building it up.. Does not look all that shabby!!

Alright here comes the pictures :)

Alittle cloudy still..

Full shot
246NFull.jpg

Left Side
246Nleft.jpg

Center of tank
246Ncenter.jpg

Right side
246Nrightside.jpg

Thanks
Michael.

Witfull

TL,,,you are just like me,,,gotta play in tha water! the number of times i have had to redo the whole thing because of a landslide....aint it fun?!!?

Michael_Lambert

Well,

Here are some of the new Aquascaped pictures.. man oh man.. I did add in 60 more pounds of Florida rock ( out of an old system ) been dried out for a couple of weeks so it was dead.

Alittle cloudy, But looks fuller!

246NFull.jpg

246Nleft.jpg

246Ncenter.jpg

246Nrightside.jpg

Thanks
Michael