Tom from FLORIDA!

Hello,

My name is Tom, I'm 21 years old and a student at the University of South Florida. I had a 55 gallon setup a few years back with some soft corals and reef fish . I recently got back into the hobby after selling my scuba gear and getting an awesome deal on a RSM 130 w/ stand for $300. I got everything set up including the sand and LR. I'm cycling right now with stability. I replaced the lights and ordered new fans for the side and the back of the hood. I also ordered the skim comb. I'm really excited about getting back into the hobby. I might go purchase some blue-green chromis tomorrow. I loaned my friend my camera, so I will take a few pics soon.

OLD SETUP BELOW

4-1.jpg

9.jpg

1-2.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

catran

Hi Tom. Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Be sure to check out the Red Sea Max Owners Club.

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
Slow down on the Chromis though. I would wait until you are sure the tank is through it's cycle before risking a fish.
Monitor the parameters closely and be sure to add fish slowly and wisely since you are pretty limited on how many fish you can have in the RSM.
Your previous tank looks great so I am sure this will be wonderful as well.

Yeah, no fish or coral for a while. I'm having some temp issues. I turned the skimmer off for now and I'm waiting for the new fans to come in next week. I'm showing about 83.4 degrees F and the lights have only been on for 30 minutes......