Tiny Black Worms?

I have SEVERAL tiny black worms in my tank right now and have no idea what they are. They are about 1/4 inch long and very skinny. They are mostly on my glass and my sand. Their heads are more rounded with a skinny body. Any ideas what these are?

I tried without luck to get a photo of them.

Have I stumped the unstumpable? Just kidding. I know a picture would really help out but these guys are way too tiny to photograph. There are none on the fish, so I don't think they are parasitic worms. Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

I know...but it's all I've got!! I have tons of teeny, tiny black worms that have a long skinny body and a rounded head. ANY ideas??

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
How long are they, diameter of body, diameter of head, how do they move and sit on the glass, exactly. Anything sticking out of the head ? What does the tail look like. Does it have legs ? Does it leave a trial when it moves ? There are thousand and thousands of marine "worm" species.

Well...thanks for trying. I guess I'll just keep my eye on them and hope that their population decreases with water changes! Wish me luck!

Guam Girl

I found a tiny black worm poking its head out from a hole on my sun polyp (coral). It is about an inch long, very skinny...like a needle and seems to have a suction for a head...never fully comes out???? Any ideas...I just see one. I hope its friendly!

Guam Girl

I went and searched the links posted by Blue Eyes...but with no luck. I'm going to do some large water changes weekly and try to siphon them out and see if I have any luck ridding myself of them.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Boomer said:
How long are they, diameter of body, diameter of head, how do they move and sit on the glass, exactly. Anything sticking out of the head ? What does the tail look like. Does it have legs ? Does it leave a trial when it moves ? There are thousand and thousands of marine "worm" species.
Boomer, if you read this i posted somthing similar in a thread called "worm id". I put a picture to it but not a great one. I was trying to check it out under a microscope but no good there either. Maybe you can help in that thread. Its a tank that my lfs cares for and ive never seen this type of worm before. Im at a loss.