Tidepools and prettiness in Half Moon Bay, CA

Anya

Thought I'd share some pix. Granted, none of these things are in an aquarium or belong to me, but it is pretty, and I wanted to share. :D

A really big old turban snail with lots of barnacle growth!

Tiny crab!

cool treasures

gosh I love tiny crabs!

washed up jellies:

Giant kelp!

Happy Tidepool fish! ID anyone?

:D

with all that green algae looks like my tank sniff sniff why is it so much prettier in the pics than my tank LOL thanks for sharing!! great pics

Anya

Yeah! I think it's a Giant green anemone (Anthopleura xanthogrammica) in the pix with the sea star. :)

Anya

I'd get in so much trouble taking things from those tidal pools lol... Very cool! :wave:

lol! I knoooow!! It's terribly temping to swipe...but I only take shells and the like. but wouldn't it be eaaaasy? hehehehe. ^_^

I remain a good girl....

Blue Space

I could explore those tidal pools all day... and then I'd have to go diving! Those look like rock anemones to me. :D

Akshay

Yup the sea is always so much more interesting than fish tanks.... can spend whole days looking around like this... thanks for sharing :)

Oxylebius

Happy Tidepool fish! ID anyone?

Family Cottidae (sculpins)

Mostly likely the snubnose sculpin (Orthonopias triacis), but hard to tell and there are several small sculpins that live in tidepools in that area. To tell them apart sometimes one needs to have a hand lens at scales or looking to see where the anus is located compared to the either the base of the pelvic or anal fins.

Thanks for sharing!