things that go bump in the night

So my lights have been off for a couple of hours so i took a flashlight to the tank and i saw a WHOLE LOT of copods and some strange very skinny and small worm in the substrate and a couple of bristle worms now im not a vet in the reeftank hobby so i really dont know what to look for i have only been doing fish only tanks so i call upon the help of RS !:whstlr:

Mya

You know what goes bump in the night in my tank? The ROCKS! Yes... Rocks. My fish tend to knock over rocks, corals, and whatever else they want... at night when the lights are off. I bet atleast once a month I wake up and walk out to pick up some big rock down in the sand or my blasto that has somehow nose dived off its rock ledge.

As for the worms. Good. As far as I have heard... and know... those worms are good for you're tank and eat bad stuff.
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

ok because my another reef hobbyist was telling me that britleworms were bad and i was thinking of getting a madarin goby for the over poppulation of copods the tank has been there for a while so it wont be bad for the goby

BLAKEJOHN

Bristle worms used to be thought of as a bad critter. But in reality they have a part in our little eco-system. In short, they are scavengers and will help clean up you tank.
Copods are also scavengers. They also are food for many different critters. Most of us try to keep our population of copods high and try to keep them breeding in our sumps.