thing of beauty

fishhead

While searching for my lost razor blade, I came upon this thing of beauty I need Identified.
Thing11.jpg
Thing4.jpg
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/data/504/Thing22.jpg

Sooo cute. Any ideas what kinda worm this is? :read:

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Yes Terry that is for sure. I'm not at home so no advanced ID books :( I must say never seen one like that before.

fishhead

OMG, and to think I almost got rid of him! I had him floating in that tub in the fuge for picture taking until it was ID-ed. I was flushing out his water for fresh,(idiot) when it floated out, and in to my refugium. I was quite upset at the ugly little worm..and at myself..lol. I think it must have come in on some live rock I traded some corals for.

Thanks folks...I thought it was hideous...lol it is only about an inch...sometimes 3, I guess when excited?

fishhead

Thanks! I just hope I get to see it again, maybe as it gets bigger? Do you know if it will get much bigger? That is to say, can you tell the specific cuc?

fishhead

Nice Sea Cucumber!
I have a black one.
He eats the substrate and poops out clean sand.

How big has your little black pooper gotten? My bumpy little guy there is about an inch at rest...maybe 1/2 inch even. I am now wondering how big this variety gets, or if it is a nano slug.