The OPS Phenomenon in Rockquascaping*

DAHansen

OPS = Other People's Sandwich.

Rockquascaping = Aquascaping, but just the Live Rock part.

Have you ever noticed that a home-made sandwich made by someone else always tastes better, or at least different, than when you make it yourself?

I've decided that I have the same problem when it comes to rockquascaping. Everyone else's live rock looks sooo much better than mine. It always makes me sad. :(

In my defense, I had to set up my current tank in a hurry. I was redecorating the guest room and had to spend most of my time building a stand for the new tank, and then I was a complete idiot when I put the rocks in, and now most of my SPS is attached to one large rock.*

Am I the only one who has this "problem"?

*This, as it turns out may be a good thing when I go to upgrade the tank in a year or so, and most of my corals will all come out at once. Or I will be able to sell one KILLER piece of LiveRock with SPS. :)

DAHansen

Ya know, I thought those were awesome when I first saw them way back a year or two ago (when you were rescuing the eel).

It will be a LONG time until I have a tank big enough for that. When I eventually have a "fish room," I think I will set up a "pier tank" that will have cement blocks in it. and "wood" pilings.

Witfull

i learned from PaulB's bottle reef~

we are a few yrs apart,,,enough to make him an idol~