The Great Un-Build

caitrina

So in my bags were the serpent star, engineer goby, two mated clowns, yellow tang, blue tang, tube anemone, and a sweet lips. :wave:

P1030585.jpg

P1030589.jpg

caitrina

Hi, Cat! Just following your un-build gives me a sinking feeling cuz I know even though it's for the right reasons, it's still hard to do. Hang in there! Ann Marie

It defintely is a hard thing to do, but I can rebuild when the time is right and things in my life are more settled and I have someone to help me with the things my physical health will not allow me to do anymore

That brittle star looks like the one I got when I first started! Still have him too. Sorry you have to take down your tank! Bye fishies! :wave:

Before my melt down and overflow while I was gone, I had a little silver one too. He must have been in the powerheads when the power came back on :cry1: because I found him mangled. I lost so much in those two incidents, it was a sad thing to bear and although this is sad it is better and I feel good about it, like I am doing the right thing.

caitrina

Next went the buckets of sand and rock , to a different LFS who were also kind enough to pay me for the sand and rock.

P1030586.jpg

P1030587.jpg

P1030588.jpg

caitrina

The next thing to go was the coral. I didn't take as many pictures of them as I did the fish. I guess because many had closed up through the ordeal so there wasn't much to take. The ones I did take are still in my camera. The corals consisted of lettuce leather, green polyps, sun polyps, red mushrooms, something that starts with a "b" :lol: , green mushrooms, duncans, feather dusters, gsp, some ricordia and I believe that is it. Lynn and I met for dinner at a restaraunt and I gave her a bin of 12 bags of corals. Had it not been for the melt down she would have had many more. Pictures of those will come later, in my gallery are some of the corals I have had through this experience, an experience I am glad I had and will always carry with me, not to mention that hoping I will again be able to rebuild...................... :wave:

lcstorc

All of the corals are starting to settle down now. Most have found a home in one of the reefs and a few are still in the frag tank while I decide where they should stay on a more permanent basis.
Almost all of them seem to have recovered from the move quickly. The GSP and the suns are still mad but that is normal for GSP and I am not yet worried at all. You gave me these cool corals I have never seen. They are mostly white and kind of like a really big polyp but the edges are angled up making kind of a funnel. They may just still be mad but they look pretty cool regardless.

lcstorc

BTW. I also have an engineer. While I love the fish, I would not really recommend one. They spend most of their time in their tunnels, get really really big and will eat the smaller fish in your tank.

caitrina

All of the corals are starting to settle down now. Most have found a home in one of the reefs and a few are still in the frag tank while I decide where they should stay on a more permanent basis.
Almost all of them seem to have recovered from the move quickly. The GSP and the suns are still mad but that is normal for GSP and I am not yet worried at all. You gave me these cool corals I have never seen. They are mostly white and kind of like a really big polyp but the edges are angled up making kind of a funnel. They may just still be mad but they look pretty cool regardless.

hmmm, wonder which ones you are talking about? I think those are called moon polyps and they will not remain white, they will eventually turn a greenish brownish color, they were in the melt down and are coming back and very healthy believe it or not. They are really cool though, one of my favorites. How are the Duncans doing?

caitrina

Man I love the engineer goby, thinking about getting one, possibly. Any advice on keeping one?

The engineers get pretty big and mine would have quickly outgrown my 65! I had mine for only about a year if that and he had grown really big in a small amount of time. I love them though, they are neat to watch!

lcstorc

The Duncans are loving life.
Frank snagged them out of the frag tank and put them in the 125 almost immediately. He put it a lot higher than I would have but it is under the shade of the center brace and is obviously very happy. It is so full and open that I wouldn't know how to tell if there are new heads or not.

caitrina

The Duncans are loving life.
Frank snagged them out of the frag tank and put them in the 125 almost immediately. He put it a lot higher than I would have but it is under the shade of the center brace and is obviously very happy. It is so full and open that I wouldn't know how to tell if there are new heads or not.

:lol: That is funny. I am glad they are happy. It was a shame I had lost 2 of them during the melt down. I really like those guys and glad I didn't lose them all.