The Bluespot Club

lcstorc

So sorry you are having trouble with your blue. I hope he gets better soon.
Meanwhile mine is looking better and better. He eats pellets, flakes, and any frozen food I have tried. He loves mysis the best of all.
He is still trying to find a happy home. Every time we want to look at him we have to fine his newest burrow first. I put a bunch of crushed coral where I wanted him to stay but of course he is ignoring that and just making tunnels under the rock.
We haven't officially named him yet since I want to have him a while first but I think sparkles may be it since his spots sparkle so much.
Meanwhile Frank took some great pics of him yesterday and of course they are at home. I promise updated pics this weekend.

goldenmean

Jen you could get a divider (you could use egg crate) for the QT that way the clowns and the BS could both be in QT. I think your 20g qt would be big enough
for that.
Good Luck Blue Spot!

klasikb

Frank, now in the tank for 3 months and doing well :)
Bluespootedjawfish1Medium.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Jen, I don't think that you should try to move your BS. If he is eating and otherwise doing what he would normally do, then I'd be compelled to leave him in familiar territory. Moving him is just going to create more stress, weakening his immune system and possible death. IMO, he has more of a chance of healing if left alone. If his injuries are severe enough to cause his passing in your tank, then moving him will just speed up the process. Jawfish are surprisingly disease resistant and secrete a think slime coat, so don't worry about the ich at this point. All the best!

Lynn--->:lurk:

Klasicb, thanks for checking in with that fantastic picture! It makes me smile!:D Frank looks great!

Jen

Thanks again to all of you for your help. I really appreciate it. Larry's mouth is looking worse, but he appears to be hanging in there. I'm really wondering if perhaps he cut himself while he was moving rubble around. I have such peaceful tankmates, I thought. I was scared to move him, also, as he wouldn't have his burrow nor sand in the QT, and catching him would surely cause him so much stress. I'll just keep an eye on him, and soak his New Life pellets in vitamins and garlic, and hope for the best. I may try to catch the creepy peppermint shrimp (really, it's just a good excuse, as I don't like them at all and I resent their apparent attempt to capitalize on Larry's misfortune!) :mad:

Love the pic of Frank!

Jen

Well, you are all probably tired of only hearing negative "Larry" stuff from me, but...
He's worse. The tear in his lip has turned into a huge, horrific looking hole that is about 2/3 of his bottom lip/jaw and it looks kind of like it is rotting away. He now has labored breathing, not just with his gills, but with his mouth also. He has a few white patches on his body, and he's not eating. Although, a small snail tried to enter his burrow and he summoned the energy to pick him up and toss him in the sand about 6" away. I would swear that when I sit and look at him, he looks at me with a look of "oh, it's you, would you PLEASE help me!".
This is not good.
I think it looks inevitable that he will die, but I don't know how to catch him to ease his misery...
It makes me very sad.
Jen

Basser1

Jen, how's Larry doing today? I've been watching Polky and I've been thinking about Larry. I hope he pulls through!

bluespotjawfish

Hi everyone, and welcome new members. I hope Scott has kept the front page current cause I can't keep track of everyone. It's nice to be back.

Lynn, all I can say is it is way past Christmas so I am glad you finally found your little guy!

Jen, it sounds like your bluespot needs treatment if he is going to kick this. Is that tank he is in the one that has signs of ick?

klasikb, beautiful photo, I'm glad your little guy is doing well.

Craig, you need to get nicer clown fish - ouch!

Mr BJ took care of the tank while I was down in Moab soaking up some sunshine (well, I little of it anyway). He seems very content in his existing home between the mushroom rock and the brain. It's a good spot too.

lcstorc

Mine is still figuring out where he wants to live. Every day we play "find the bluespot" at least 2 or 3 times.
He's still eating and looking good so I am very pleased so far.

Who you lookin at?

IMG_7139.jpg

bluespotjawfish

Scott, not quite relaxed, my husband tried to drive off a cliff yesterday, so I am still a bit shaken up. It's a long story, but let's just say we took the easy trail so we wouldn't damage the Pathfinder. We were on the return leg and just didn't pay attention for a short second, next thing we knew we were hanging from rock. Thank goodness for nice people and heavy duty trucks!

Lynn, hope he settles in soon. Mine really likes the rock rubble down in my sand. He isn't much for collecting shells, but the ones I put nearby have also been incorporated.

lcstorc

I thought he had chosen a home yesterday. He started walls and everything. Then this morning he moved again. I put a bunch of sand on top of the rocks so there are a lot of overhangs for him to choose one and make it home. He doesn't look stressed at all more like just checking the place out.

Jen

Thanks for checking up on Larry, and for the advice. His lip just keeps getting worse. I've attached pics, but it's really hard to see. His bottom lip is now deteriorated/off all the way to the corner of his mouth on his left and is working its way around to his right. It goes down his "throat" probably a good 1/4". He does eat a teeny bit. I've tried to catch him...really tried, no luck.
He is in the display tank, which is where the Royal Gramma had a touch of ich. I see no spots right now, at all.
Hoping for miracles!

Last edited: