Temp

cioutlaw

At what tempeture should you look into buying a chiller? Ive been at 83F when Halides are on. the last few days & think I can maintain that through the summer.

Yarr

you wouldnt want it to go any higher than that. it is pretty much the limit if my metric conversions are accurate.

Witfull

do you have a fan near the tank? this will help lower temps, also if you can, keep the shades closed in the room. this will keep the room cooler also.

mkpaulson

also if you could air-conditioned in that particular room where you keep your tank that would help out a lot to. I purchased a window air-conditioner and it was cheaper than my chiller and it does a better job on keeping it tank cooler.

cioutlaw

we keep the central AC on pretty much the entire summer. I will try fans first...even thought of a ceiling fan.

lcstorc

Ceiling fan lowers my temp by about 2-3 degrees. Increases evaporation, but worth it when you live in Florida as I do.

Peace
Lynn

cioutlaw

lcstorc said:
Ceiling fan lowers my temp by about 2-3 degrees. Increases evaporation, but worth it when you live in Florida as I do.

Peace
Lynn

Yeah I will go that route I think. its a large room..think I will go with 2 fans, tank is a room divider with an open top & there is a light fixture right above tank...maybe even wire it into a timer so it runs when halides are on. I had been thinking ceiling fans there anyway:thumbup: