Tek's 90 gallon macro tank!

tektite

Thanks! I've forgotten to update this thread lately, work's been crazy. Here's some more current pics from a few weeks ago:

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

Photosynthetic gorgonian
IMG_6865.jpg

Papaya clove polyps
IMG_6867.jpg

Irridescent blue padina
IMG_6869.jpg

Irridescent blue/green sponge
IMG_6870.jpg

Purple gonipora
IMG_6871.jpg

Superman rhodactis
IMG_6872.jpg

ORA gonipora
IMG_6873.jpg

Pink kenya tree
IMG_6874.jpg

Dragon's tongue Halymenia
IMG_6876.jpg

Green kenya tree
IMG_6877.jpg

Copperband butterfly
IMG_6881.jpg

Male green mandarin
IMG_6890.jpg

tektite

Most of my macros are actually in the sumps of my reef tank right now. I have a type of hair algae I don't like in the macro tank and I'm working on getting rid of it. Most of it is the turf algae that I like, gives a tremendous breeding ground for copepods that allows me to have 2 adult mandarins in a tank this small.

Speaking of the mandarins, they're mating almost every night now, sometimes twice a night.

IMG_6287copy.jpg

A baby mandarin at 44 hrs old:
11-3.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I Know it's been a while but hows the tank doing? Ever get those baby mandarins to live?

tektite

Hasn't been changed much, lol. Never did get the time/resources to raise the young mandarins unfortunately. The tank's suffered from a bit of neglect, the fish are all still fine, but macros haven't done so well. I've got another temporary macro tank set up to try to keep some kinds of macros alive until I can get the nutrient levels back into check again. Despite terrible conditions including phosphates over 1.6 (yes the decimal's in the right place lol), my ORA red goniopora's continued to do well, almost had it 3 years now :) Even with fragging off 8 pieces earlier this year its still 4x the size when I bought it.
IMG_6373copy.jpg

Also recently obtained a very unique dragonet, haven't been able to ID it yet but its red with a little white speckling and some yellow highlights. My best guess so far is its Synchiropus moyeri. Not sure if I'll ever be able to get a female, so for now I'll try pairing it with my female red scooter. I just hope it makes it, its still very new and not adjusting to captive life well.
IMG_5971.jpg

Got a few new types of macroalgaes I've found as hitchhikers at my LFS, one is Chondria! Been looking for that one for a long time. Its not doing so good so I'm not sure if it'll make it, I sure hope so, its gorgeous with a rainbow irridescence to it.

Some new inhabitants include a pair of fancy snowflake clownfish, finally found a pair with black spots in their white areas which I really like.
IMG_6349copy-1.jpg

Also got a pair of young platinum clowns in the sump

Recent pics:
IMG_6284copy.jpg

IMG_6285copy.jpg

IMG_6302copy.jpg

IMG_6305copy.jpg

IMG_6306copy.jpg

IMG_6307copy.jpg

IMG_6308copy.jpg

IMG_6319copy.jpg

IMG_6329copy.jpg

IMG_6334copy.jpg

IMG_6337copy.jpg

IMG_6339copy.jpg

IMG_6355copy.jpg

IMG_6361copy.jpg

IMG_6383copy.jpg

IMG_6395copy.jpg

IMG_6435copy.jpg

GlassMunky

This thread is just so awesome, i keep coming back to it.
I may have missed it somewhere, but what spectrum bulbs are you using? More pink/red hue for the macros or still just a regular white/blue mix?