Tank Security... Bad breakup imminent!!!

Ladipyg

CHANGE THE LOCKS...as a cop and a women I can testify....THE LADIES IS CRAZIES!!! They can be like Astipsia...just when you think they're gone and your free and clear...WHAM...they're back with a vengence. I've known many a guy saying SHE doesn't have a key, only to come home to a trashed house...any ACE hardware store will make one...if you're a home owner check in a round about way to see how you're covered with insurance and make sure no mail came to the house addressed to her...in Illinois that constitutes residence...I'm not being an alarmist, but an ounce of prevention....If things really get bad, go to court and get an order of protection...Good luck...

DuhJeepster

Sorry about your situation Jeepers. I think changing the locks is your best bet, and maybe installing an alarm system with a deafening siren.

Maxx

Coupla things.......
Ditto on the lock changing......
also start taking pictures of livestock with items like a ruler etc for references to size, then find a comparable specimen and record the price via pricelist, webpage screen shot etc.....this allows you to establish value of the tank.....
This becomes important in a few ways...the animal abuse route is one way to possibly prevent her from doing something...but most states have a set amount of value which determines if destroyed or damaged property is a misdemeanor, or a felony.....with a difference in punishment between the two....( a felony is more serious).
If the value to replace your livestock exceeds the value of a misdemeanor in your state, than she would be guilty of felonious destruction of property which can sometimes have a stiffer penalty than cruelty to animals..(if she wiped out your tank, for example....killing one coral wouldnt constitute a felony most likely, unless it a REAL expensive coral...) ..check w/ a lawyer or a local police officer.
Also a restraining order may not be a bad idea...this keeps her away, (legally) and gives you a better position to go after her legally in the event something dumb happens....
Good luck, and quit dating my psycho ex-girlfriends...there's a reason I stopped seeing 'em....
Nick

BoomerD

I think you've been given some good info...Check with a lawyer of local law enforcement to get your rights, and hers as well, just to CYA...

Last edited:

Tosh_Auer

Jeepers Mate i know the feeling. I have never had any of my g/f's living with me but my last ex and a few of her mates "firebombed" my house when we broke up so all i can say is watch your back man. Women are crazy!!!! But as i learnt you can always win in court as long as you let them do the dumb stuff. but then again that doesn't help your tank atm.

Tosh

Brucey

Originally posted by Maxx
and quit dating my psycho ex-girlfriends...there's a reason I stopped seeing 'em....
Nick

When i'd finished with them Nick they must have all emigrated across the atlantic and looked you up buddy.
Brucey

Maxx

Originally posted by Brucey
When i'd finished with them Nick they must have all emigrated across the atlantic and looked you up buddy.
Brucey
Gee, thanks for the hook up buddy......lol
JR....
Did some checking around today.....by MISSOURI state statutes,
You would not be able to get her w/ animal abuse or cruelty due to the fact that our state considers animal cruelty to be only against mammals.....the law is very specific in that point. However I believe I recall reading that a guy was jailed in Florida for pouring bleach into a LFS reef tank, and the local police charged him w/ animal cruelty/abuse.....so check your states statutes for clarification....and Missouri considers it property damage in the 1st degree (Class D felony, the weakest of the felony offenses) if the damage exceeds $750.00 to replace/repair.....
A felony conviction is serious, possible 2-5 year sentance, (jail and probation combined....), up to a 5k fine, loss of voting privaledges, cannot own a firearm, incredible difficulty getting a good job etc.....start covering your butt.....
Nick

dianezoo

Maxx mentioned a restraining order. Caution with that becuase
if this woman tends to turn into psyco-chic oftentimes being served with a restraining order really sends them into a rage. Ask the lady chicago cop I'm sure she's seen that as a trigger to aggression.
Has she ever even mentioned anything to do with harming your tank? sorry about your dreadful situation. Hope all goes well.
Regards
Dianezoo

Ladipyg

After 20 years at this you just wouldn't belive the stuff that triggers aggression, but often not what you'd think...throwing out that lone shirt that was left behind, changing locks (u gotta do it man) breathing....You know her better than anyone...just remember...in a pyscho's mind, negative attention is better than none at all...NOT RESPONDING to her is better than getting into a screaming match...don't leave messages on machines, they can come back to haunt you...just some thoughts...good luck...

Curtswearing

Yikes....scary stuff.

I know someone whose wife during an argument said that she would kill her husbands tank again which begged the question, "Was that recent tank crash really an accident or was it nuked?"

ok, my .02 cents... THROW HER OUT!, if you even have to worry at all about her messing with your 8k$ possesions weather it be coutches, cars, or fishtanks. then what good is that. you dont owe here anything, shes had a free ride long enough, and you know it.... dont let it reach that point were she actually would do something like that, the longer you let it go the worse its gonna be, just do it!!!

Brucey

I don't want to throw dispersions here and get in trouble with all my female friends . . . . . . . but you never hear of blokes doing weird stuff like this.
Hey ho.
Any news yet ?
Brucey

Originally posted by sincityreefer
if you even have to worry at all about her messing with your 8k$ possesions weather it be coutches, cars, or fishtanks. !

SIN MAN
Oh man i wish you were my IRS agent, Ya thats it... my cars are only $8k and the tank is free....... ya thats it, can i have some vasoline this year?

All has settled down for now but she is on thin ice with me. If any think happens to my fish, my cars or even my cats some sone is gonna wish she was dead. She has no one elese here in LV so its my way or the highway now!!!

Sorry to all the other ladies on this site(no offince please), but your not crasy like this one.(All LAs Vegas women are ither drug addicts or Pshycos) Ask sincity he can vouch for me on this one.

Witful, are all jersey girls crazy or did i just find a unique one?>???

Thanks ill keep you posted as this progress or detoriate,
Dane

Last edited:

reefjitsu

Jersey girl=wild and crazy
Vegas girl=extra wild and crazy
Jersey girl living in Vegas=super psycho from hell

No wonder you are having problems with her.

Seriously though, if you even suspect that she would harm your tank or your cats then you need to kick her to the curb. If she will hurt animals, she will definately do something terrible to you too. Do yourself a favor and get rid of her. I speak from experience, it is simply not worth the risk to be in a relationship with a psycho woman.

dianezoo

Your right Brucey, guys just off them the hell with messing with their possessions. LOL. Drama queens are the worst they really Like to break stuff up.

Peace and tranquility to all especially the reef.
Dianezoo

NaH2O

Contributing Member
but you never hear of blokes doing weird stuff like this.

Oh no? I've read about many murder-suicide situations. Let's not forget the "high profile" stalking cases, too. Didn't the person that shot Former President Regan do it for Jody Foster?