Tank Journey

Trinny

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I started my first fish tank in August last year and plunged into the deep end with a mixed reef in a RSM C250. The tank has been through a lot with plenty learnt over the past 10 months.

The journey has included 6 clownfish fighting, white spot after getting a blue tang, the boss yellow tang bashing its new Kole Tang tank mate, corals stuggling and the latest being a cyano outbreak after over feeding during a break/holiday.

Starting from a base of not keeping a tank before and going through all these lessons, this friendly forum has been a huge amount of help with both the tank itself and its inhabitants.

Here's a few photos of the journey so far...

DaveK

They come into the room and see my Red Sea Reefer tank and shower me with, "Ooohhh!" and, "Ahhhh!" and, "That's amazing!" You then tell them to look in the cabinet under the aquarium. Once the blank look of absolute shock clears from their face, they simply ask, "Are you #!&?ing nuts?"

My friends ask, "Doesn't a tank like this cost a lot of money?"

To the first question, I usually reply something along the line of " I don't think there has ever been too much doubt about that".

To the second question, I reply "We don't talk about that".

When you really have a passion for something, you will tend to go all in, at least as far as your budget and time permit.

You also can't explain cost to someone that doesn't have a similar passion for something.

Trinny

I knew it would be costly to start up but never anticipated how much this costs, luckily my wife likes pretty things so most of the livestock shopping includes her! I love the tank, it's in my lounge room and I watch it far more than I watch the TV.

Oxylebius

They come into the room and see my Red Sea Reefer tank and shower me with, "Ooohhh!" and, "Ahhhh!" and, "That's amazing!" You then tell them to look in the cabinet under the aquarium. Once the blank look of absolute shock clears from their face, they simply ask, "Are you #!&?ing nuts?"

My friends ask, "Doesn't a tank like this cost a lot of money?"

To the first question, I usually reply something along the line of " I don't think there has ever been too much doubt about that".

To the second question, I reply "We don't talk about that".

When you really have a passion for something, you will tend to go all in, at least as far as your budget and time permit.

You also can't explain cost to someone that doesn't have a similar passion for something.

@DaveK
This happens at my house along the same lines, but my husband always pipes up with, ...and now it is time to sell the frags and raise the clownfish fry to break even moving forward....