Tank Chiller help

h45e

Hey guys,
I thought Id ask ppl who had the RSM250 for a while now. I am looking for a chiller to fit inside the cabinet (persistent request from the bank manager). I just would like to know if any of these would fit into one side of the cabinet?

First one
[URL="http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/chilling-heating/hailea-chillers/hailea-hc-100a-1/20hp-chiller-marine-aquarium-to-220l/prod_404.html"][url= Hailea HC-130A 1/15hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L[/url][/URL]

Second
[Chillers - Hailea HC-130A 1/15hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 300L[/URL]

Third
Hailea HC-150A 1/10hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L

h45e

Also,
What pump will fit into the chamber with a VERY long power cable, going to run it through the channel.

tnwillia

I couldn't find the chiller specs but found three threads that might help you. There are several people from your side of the world with RS tanks on RS with us. Maybe they will jump in to help. Also 1/10 I think is the smallest you should get. My reading said go twice the tank size, I run 1/4 HP in mine but that is up to you. Good luck!

Review of Hailea HC-150A 1/10HP chiller [Archive] - Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/51561-rsm-250-starter-kit.html
Reefing The Australian Way Forums :: View topic - Red Sea Max 250 ordered

I would go with a 1/4 hp chiller! When you use a smaller chiller, it will be working twice as hard to cool the amount of water that is in your tank. This means more noise and more power being used. Your chiller also won't last as long because it's working harder than it should! Maybe use a mag-drive 7 or 9 pump. Check out the Sticky on the RSM 250 Mods/Additions. I along with a few others have our chillers installed inside the cabinet.

proenca

Hi there,

I have a Hailea 150A and its great but its for my RSM130.

I dont know but if I were you ( with a RSM250 ) I would go to the next model : my Chiller works quite a bit here and there, I think it would be underpowered or running constantly in a RSM250.

But then again, I hope more RSM250 owners will chime in

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm running a Hailea 300a 1/4hp chiller and it fits fine in the cabinet. The pump that I as using is an Eheim 2000 which fits nicely in the right compartment.

I have taken out the right hand RS pump and have the return from the chiller attached to the fitting that goes to the DT. That way the returning chilled water isn't going straight back to the chiller. At least that's the theory.

Flow will probably be reduced but I plan on fitting a Vortech or Tunze at a later date.

Leigh.