Tang :D

robotman

Doing well, added friday and been swimming and eating and showing no signs of stress.

day18_zpsca218831.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rufus2008

Looks to be a nice size, personally I never had luck keeping the hippo's, but others have great success, hopefully you'll be the latter :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very pretty fish! :snshne:
How many fish do you have now?
It might be a GREAT IDEA :idea: to SLOW DOWN & not overload your 3week old tank's capability to remain stable.
Keep a close watch on your ammonia & nitrites as they are dangerous to your fish.

robotman

Very pretty fish! :snshne:
How many fish do you have now?
It might be a GREAT IDEA :idea: to SLOW DOWN & not overload your 3week old tank's capability to remain stable.
Keep a close watch on your ammonia & nitrites as they are dangerous to your fish.

3 clowns
1 tang
1 pink spotted goby

[inverts]
2 peppermint
1 fire shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
about 12 turbo snails
4 emerald crabs
10 hermit crabs roughly

i dont plan on adding anything for at least another 2 weeks when i start on corals. 1 hi fin goby and candy stripe pistol pair that they have already paird. and then will prob stop for a month or so on any livestock.

have been getting parameters checked every 3 days ^_^. very slight trace of nitrate but no ammonia. salinity at 1.023 and temp at 77 with ph at 8.1 and staying steady.
Changed out the light to a 5000k bulkb for my chaeto in the fuge a couple of days ago and i noticed it started growing a lot more dramatically in the lights direction.

Kremlin

mine got ich a couple days after the store. i put in some red macro algae, added a cleaner shrimp, and soaked his food in garlic. still alive and happy today!

The ick will come back if not properly treated. And robotman. Your tanks not ready for corals. You may get away with some soft corals but I wouldn't try anything else until you have a better understanding of how your supposed to maintain your water chemistry in order to facilitate other harder to keep corals. But do what you want and good luck. :ofr:

robotman

mine got ich a couple days after the store. i put in some red macro algae, added a cleaner shrimp, and soaked his food in garlic. still alive and happy today!

is bottled garlic from walmart okay? i plan to do so if it helps, i have 2 cleaner shrimp

robotman

The ick will come back if not properly treated. And robotman. Your tanks not ready for corals. You may get away with some soft corals but I wouldn't try anything else until you have a better understanding of how your supposed to maintain your water chemistry in order to facilitate other harder to keep corals. But do what you want and good luck. :ofr:

Only the basic corals until i get better at this. i know they need better light, different flow for differnt corals and others.