Surface Film

noon6

I am experiencing a light film on my surface in a 130D. I have the Tunze 9002 and media basket upgrade and also a Hydor flow pump that is aimed across my tank at approx. 1/4 way down from the top of my tank. I have adjusted the return flow many different angles and heights and just can't seem to correct this issue.
In my media basket I have filter floss on top shelf, purigen w/ phosgard on second shelf and chemi pure on the bottom shelf.
Can anyone help me troubleshoot the reason this is happening and a possible remedy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Adjust your water level or your surface skimmer so the top of the water is entering the grates.

noon6

I had heard that the water level should be touching the bottom of the brackets that hold the top, is that correct?
It seems when I try that then the skimmer sits to high in the sump and is usually positioned at or above the water mark on the skimmer. In addition I am using the replacement cup and if I adjust the skimmer to be 1/2 inch below the water mark the lid won't close....any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk