Strange Behaviour of Firefish

hi there.. i have had my firefish for arounf 3-4months now and it was all goin well, its eating pellets, swimming hapily etc etc.. but since last week its been hiding in its hole and does not come out.. ot only comes out during the feeding time but having said that, it does not eat anything.. it only comes out during feeding and this suggests that i wants food but it looks kinda confused and cant get the pellets.. i suspected harrasment at 1st but its fins are still very healthy and not nipped.. could it be it's blind?

i have a 2ft tank with a pair of false percs, bicolor chromis, gramma loreto and a BT..
TIA

Frankie

RS STAFF
What are the dimensions of this 2ft tank? It sounds over crowded. I would bring the BT back~

i dont really remember the dimensions.. but i think its around 16 US gals.. yea, i think that the BT's active swimming might startled those other fishes.. will monitor it closely. Like i mentioned before, this whole community of fish in my tank has been living together for the past 3months and everything is great.. anyways, that's a good suggestion there.. will look through it.. thanks!!

nikkipigtails

Welcome!

Remember that the stocking limit for fish tanks is 1" of adult fish per 5 gallons of water. Firefish are very docile fish so it's probably scared because of the close housing arrangements. Do you only feed your fish pellets?

DAHansen

Ditto Nikki's post. And what she was getting at with the pellets - it is good to vary their diet as well. Have you tried feeding any frozen foods? Mysis, finely chopped meaty seafoods, etc?

Frankie

RS STAFF
16 us gal. is very small. You would be doing that fish a service if you brought it back today.

yea, am arranging it to be sold to another reefer... i'm doing it asap..
besides pellets, i do feed them frozen brine shrimp.. i heard that mysis is better in terms of nutrients, is that true?