Steve's RSM130D

noon6

Hello all!

I am returning to reefing after a hiatus of 20 years and am very excited to be back! I have a RSM 130D with upgraded Tunze 9002 skimmer w/cup and In-Tank Media Rack. I have also added a 17" blue LED light bar to the inside of the hood and have added an additional timer to simulate day/night cycles the best I can. My tank has been setup since Memorial day and currently has approx. 25 lbs of Figi live rock along with the following livestock and corals:

1 Star Polyp
1 Zoa
1 Candy Cane
1 Duncan
1 Colt Leather
1 Pagoda Coral
1 Galaxea Coral
1 Green Mushroom Rock

4 Small Green Chromis
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Royal Gramma

I hope soon to have the minimum 5 posts required so that I can add some pictures!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Cheers for starting a new tank thread & sharing your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

You will be to 5 post soon, once way to post a few Welcome to RS post in the Meet & Greet forum :dance: look forward to seeing your tank

noon6

WHOOHOO! Time for a few pictures! Let me know if you think I'm on the right path?

a8egedem.jpg

8aju2eby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks good.
Do you have enough room on the sides to clean between the rock and glass?

noon6

There are two small areas (one on each side) where I am unable to clean the glass. Will this be a problem down the road? I think my only other option would be to aquascape again or eliminate some of the live rock that I have in the tank now. Would it not be harmful to my corals and fish if I made a change in the live rock at this point to ensure I had clearance on all sides of the tank for cleaning, etc?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think you can re-scape if you want, no problems... many have redone their scape several times over the 1st few months, it just like moving or upgrading to a bigger tank, no problems doing it.

having clearance room for at lease a magfloat to clean freely (one inch) 2 or 3" is even better and is a very good idea, hard to tell from pics, you may have that now...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Steve did you use all LR? Looks like it... (not dry rock) if so, I would think you could change it out a week at a time, 1/4 at a time for a good sand... if you wanted too

me, I think I would... a 2 month old tank... I would not think your sandbed is very mature & most of the beneficial bioload is being handled by your LR

but see what others think... & good advise to consider by all above... I would test as you go, start with fresh chemical filtration media & keep up weekly water changes & I would think... you would be fine... my thoughts :)

8aju2eby.jpg