steve's LED's - Typhon

winschuc

To those using the typhon with their Steve's LED's, does the controlled actually dim all the way to 0, or do you have to put the power supply on a timer? I'm still waiting for my 6' cable to hook it up. The light's are currently hooked up, but when I turn my POT's all the way down, the lights do not turn off.

On my previous DIY set-up, i could control my lights from off to 100% with the dimming POT.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The Typhon controller dims all the way to 0 on all 4 channels unless you set it to do otherwise.
I have mine set for 2 & 1/2 hours fade in/out sunrise/sunset & my night lights run soft blues all night.
The fish & corals know the routine well now :snshne: When LEDs get to about 5% the fish go to their night places...the night feeding corals start putting out their feeder tentacles & the zoas start closing.
Pretty AWESOME :D Before my LEDs the light just popped ON & OFF. I really enjoy watching the dimming & brightening process.

winschuc

Good to hear. Was worried that there was an issue with the drivers.

I'm pretty excited about a sunrise/set feature. Ran halides and DIY LEDs that were just on/off in the past. Going to be nice waking up to see my tank coming to life gradually instead of being randomly blinded during that first cup of coffee.