Start Your Engines!!!

DuhJeepster

The NASCAR Nextel Cup season is about to get into full swing. The Bud Shootout was last weekend, the twin Gatorade 125s are coming tomorrow, and finally "The Great American Race" will be Sunday afternoon.

So, here's the deal! If you're into NASCAR tell us who your favorite drivers are. I love Tony Stewart (first and foremost), Rusty Wallace and Dale Jr. I like some others but these 3 I've always been a fan of. BTW, Rusty is retiring next year, so Ryan Newman will fill his spot in my 3 favorites.

Enjoy!!! I promise I won't bash any Jeff Gordon fans. Heheh!!!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Awww - Jeepster..... I thought you were a NASCAR fan. Hmmm.....since my whole relationship with my husband has revolved around auto racing....I definately have my favorites. I've had the opportunity to meet some of these guys, and my husband raced rental cars around a track with a couple, and I raced go-karts with one, another we raced midgets with. Hard to believe the season is getting ready to start again, as it just ended..... makes me glad he isn't in the industry anymore (sometimes...lol)

ReefLady

Staff member
Oy... you & my husband ... watch that left turn ... LOL.

My husband loves Nascar (spends the weekend at both the NH races - we live about 45 min from Loudon).

He likes Jr.
My oldest son likes B. Labonte
My yougest likes the M&M care (Sadler now?)
I used to like W. Burton, but only 'cause his car was the yellow/black Cat car ... since he's changed cars, I guess I'll be a Kenseth fan (yellow and black ... LOL).

We have a 1/32, 4-lane slot care track on our porch - each of us races our own Nascar car. :)

DuhJeepster

NaH2O, so who's your favorite/s?

Spooda, Oh I'm big time into F1. It's all about 14000 RPM and 180 in the corners. Rooting for the Flying Scotsman here - David Couthard. Don't get me started on that. Also prefer watching road races like the Rolex 24 or the 24 hours at Le Mans.

RL, that little track sounds cool! Ward Burton cracks me up everytime he says something. Great guy though. I take it you like yellow and black?

wooddood

the wood dude
dale jarret here and has been for years.he had abad year last season but hes lookin good so far this season,he won the bud shoot out.lookin forward to the twin 125's tonight.good luck with your drivers jeepster.

Spooda420

mid march is when F1 starts. DC is good I think he's gonna leave after JPM comes to Mercedes/McClaren in '05.

Nascar is fun to watch for a few times a year when the road courses are scheduled. It is fun to play nascar thunder 2004 on the old 'puter tho :p

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Jeeps...don't want to name any names...I'd hate to hurt some feelings...lol - I guess one of my older favs is DW...I have a trachometer from one of his cars.

F1....ahhhh....JPM and DC are my favs....despite the fact that we have a Ferrari flag in the garage, and my cat is named Schumacher. Hmmm....I wonder if the BMW and the ferrari flag call each other names in the garage....LOL.

DuhJeepster

Originally posted by NaH2O
Jeeps...don't want to name any names...I'd hate to hurt some feelings...lol - I guess one of my older favs is DW...I have a trachometer from one of his cars.

F1....ahhhh....JPM and DC are my favs....despite the fact that we have a Ferrari flag in the garage, and my cat is named Schumacher. Hmmm....I wonder if the BMW and the ferrari flag call each other names in the garage....LOL.

We can handle hurt feelings. *Thinking she must like Gordon*

Schumi?! Bah!!! LOL on the garage comment.

Spooda, I didn't know he was leaving in 05'. Maybe he'll take JPM's seat in the BMW, be the second driver in the Ferrari, or heheh, be the #1 driver in the Toyota? I doubt he will leave F1 entirely he's too young.

Wooddood, DJ is a really cool guy. He is one of the drivers I didn't mention that I like. See I look for raw talent and respect it. I think that's why I like so many drivers, am not totally loyal to just one, and end up hating all the others.

Spooda420

Originally posted by DuhJeepster

Spooda, I didn't know he was leaving in 05'. Maybe he'll take JPM's seat in the BMW, be the second driver in the Ferrari, or heheh, be the #1 driver in the Toyota? I doubt he will leave F1 entirely he's too young.

yeah JPM is gone after this season with williams.bmw going to mclaren and no DC will not take the seat in the BMW 2 other drivers where named short while ago. toyota or honda good chances there was even a rumor about Jordan.

www.dailyf1.com

c

NaH2O

Contributing Member
*Thinking she must like Gordon*

Ummm....no. I do think he has tremendous natural ability, and I love to see the old Sprint Car pictures of him and compare them to the way he looks today....lol