star fish

Snappy

I never used to be able to keep these things. Well it's been about a year since I last tried but they always seemed to disintigrate within a week or two. I've had this bad boy for a few months and it's is doing well. It came in stuck to the bottom of a coral mount I bought from my LFS so it was a freebie.:D
I actually noticed it in the store and told my guy if I was buying the coral it was to stay on it. So anyway he it is alive, doing well & adding a splash of color.

starfish_1-1.jpg

lcstorc

Glad to hear it is doing well for you.
Great color. It definitely adds a splash of brightness.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That looks like a Fromia species, hartier than the Linkias. My undersanding is if you get one that survives capture, shipping and handling, and you have a big enough system with maturity, they will do well. Nice specimen!

Snappy

Thanks guys it is nice and bright. I think you're right on the fromia species call. According to what I've read they like to eat sponges so it should be ok for a long time in my system.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Lovely lil critter that! how big is he?

I have had a very small one in my system since January and got one recently as a "gift" and the new one literally melted away.. was a shame but am THRILLED yours is doing GREAT! They are neat creatures and interesting to watch.

Allen