Staining in fish room ok?

madgaffr

I just got done building the girlfriend a new bed and she has taken it upon herself to stain and poly the bed in the living room. Normally I would be excited that I don't have to do it, but this time I'm not so sure... the bed is 2 feet from my tank! It's too late to stop her as she's finishing up right now. Is this an issue? I've had a tank completely meltdown due to windex on a sliding glass door in the tank room years ago, so this is realling agitating me. Does anyone have any input as far as reprocussions (sp?)?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Not really sure what it will do to the inhabitants of the tank, but do report back so that we will know what to do if it ever happens to one of us. :)

madgaffr

Thanks for the heads up on the skimmer, I was so pissed thinking everything's about to die... I lost all common sense for a while. The entire house reeks of stain! I will get back to everyone with results, thanks for the input.

madgaffr

Well... I extended the airline from the skimmer out the closest window. Then ran a fan facing out the sliding glass door. Everything is doing fine! Thanks to everyone for their advice. I do think that I am going to convince "someone" that their stain is inhibiting growth in everything I just fragged... Perhaps this might land me a present next time we're at the LFS:snshne:

deaclauderdale

Well... I extended the airline from the skimmer out the closest window. Then ran a fan facing out the sliding glass door. Everything is doing fine! Thanks to everyone for their advice. I do think that I am going to convince "someone" that their stain is inhibiting growth in everything I just fragged... Perhaps this might land me a present next time we're at the LFS:snshne:

Good idea!!!!:bigblue: