SPS Polyp Extension

DanSReef

So... as the title states I have some questions about SPS Polyp Extension....

My 92 gal corner bow is about 7 months old at this point. I am running LED lighting with good par readings through out the tank. My water parameters are all excellent. I will list them below. The flow is really pretty good with an MP40 creating waves and random surges. I have recently gone through a period where apparently I went too low of nutrients in my system. I have since corrected that by feeding about 4x as much voth food for the fish and the corals. I also am dosing Aquavitro Fuel as well as Amino's via SeaChem Reef Plus.

I purchased some SPS frags this weekend and after acclimating them to the tank...I placed them where they would get good lighting and water flow. Since I placed them.... I have had little to no polyp extension. In fact, some of the SPS in my tank I have not ever really had polyp extension. I have plenty of growth and nice color... but really no polyp extension. A great example is a red planet coral I got from FishBeard. The coral had nice polyp extnesion in George's tank. When I moved it to mine.... nothing.....or very little. The coral has grown.... the color has really intensified....

So I am at a loss. I am looking for ideas and help.

Here are my water parameters:

CA -500
Alk - 9
Phosphates - 0
Nitrates - 0
PH 8.3-8.4
Temp - 78
SG - 1.025

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Did u start em low to acclimate? Sometimes that helps with polyp extension. Also just like other coral sps can and do pout. Either way, standard operating procedure. Move them lower do a small wc. Gradually move em up.

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Matter of fact when my sps give me troubles I pull them out of the led lighting n they spend a week or so under t5s to straighten up.

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.