Sone problems with my rsm 130d. Please help!

Seany

Hello folks, i have just set up my red sea max130d about 8 weeks ago. Iv done a few mods. Added a lifereef overflow---sump with deltec skimmer in sump--- aqua ray led light under hood--- tunze pump for extra circulation and changed one of the return pumps to an eheim 600. The main problem i have is the tank is constantly filled with sediment floating in water and some micro bubbles. My skimmer in sump is releasing some micro bubbles so im thinking thats where the bubbles are coming from but the sediment just wont go away. How can i stop this. Can i put filter floss somewhere to try and filter it out. I have nothing in the back chamber where the red sea skimmer usually sits except the lifereef overflow.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Sounds like a nice setup ! I don't have a sump, but several members do & should be able to advise on the best place run a sock or filter.

Seany

Just to let you know i have already installed a filter sock in return pipe coming into sump. Cheers.

McClain75

I think the micro bubbles in the RSM 130d generally come from the return pumps in the rear left chamber. I have managed to reduce mine greatly by running a slightly higher than recommended water level. This has reduced them but not removed them.

subaqua

I did also increased the water level to stop the micro bubbles and it worked..however i am still fighting with debris and white particles floating around in the tank. I see all these external things coming from return pumps. I do not know how they get through blue bonded filters and 100 Micron Coralife Pure-Flo Micron Filter pads. Yesterday i took out the media rack and skimmer and cleaned all the back chambers with gravel vacuum. I had some sand in that area.. Now my question is there any way to put a kind of filter on the return pumps also to catch these debris ?? Or do you guys put filter other places besides the top of the media rack??

Thank you. Mustafa.

slakker

I vase the 130, not the D version so different skimmer and no surface skimmer. I've never used any filter material and notice a lot settled detritus. I've recently upgraded to a 9002 skimmer w/ media rack and added a MP10, the pump kicked up a lot of detritus and suspended it.

What I did was then put a simple filter floss in the top shelf of the media rack, this clogged fast and lowered the water level in the back chamber to the point where my ATO almost flooded my tank.

I unplugged the ATO, cleaned the filter and ran it a few more timed and the tank is now clear again.