Sometimes Wierd things happen!!

Mr.Reeefer

Hi Reefers,

Ever had anything Wierd happen with your tank and it's inhabitants?

I have recently and I thought I would share it! I also thought maybe others out there have some Wierd experiences that could be shared! pics would be great also!!

Do you see the green sinularia in the top left of the picture, it's above the green tip hammer. I placed that there about a week and a half ago...................two days ago I woke up in the morning, still drowsy I looked up at the tank and it was now sitting next to the green tip hammer, I blinked my eyes a few times because I wasn't sure I was dreaming, but sure enough it was there.

What I find amazing is that the sinularia was sitting sideways off the top of the LR, and it has floated down during the night spun it's trunk 90 degrees to sit its trunk flat on the ledge next to the hammer.

df15b724874c8d6db209341f5212834b_zpsb3c8a101.jpg

Then i woke up this morning and look

c4b1881a7d780fb1c203f8039e8ebf58_zpsb6dbe83f.jpg

it has now lowered itself down from next to the hammer to I front of my suncoral.

Maybe it's just me but I find this amazing, in terms of balance and positioning of itself.

DaveK

Some soft corals can really get around. They also can expand and contract to suit their needs. Obviously yours wanted to get as much light as possible.

As for wierd things happening, I don't think I could count all the ones that have occurred in my tanks over the years.

jrbass

I don't know about my corals moving on their own but usually knocked around by my CUC. However I do have an issue with Snails just flat out disappearing. Also had a Sea Hare disappear. Turns out while doing a little aquascaping I have a Pistol Shrimp that likes to prey on snails and evidently a Sea Hare cause he had a collection of shells in his cave that would impress any visitor/beachcomber of Florida! If only I could catch him.......

Mike Johnson

I don't know about my corals moving on their own but usually knocked around by my CUC. However I do have an issue with Snails just flat out disappearing. Also had a Sea Hare disappear. Turns out while doing a little aquascaping I have a Pistol Shrimp that likes to prey on snails and evidently a Sea Hare cause he had a collection of shells in his cave that would impress any visitor/beachcomber of Florida! If only I could catch him.......

In can get expensive feeding hitchhikers. I'm in need of a new clean up crew now.

jrbass

In can get expensive feeding hitchhikers. I'm in need of a new clean up crew now.

Problem is he is not a hitchhiker! I bought him and his partner in crime my orange stripe goby. Love them but they make it tough to have a nice sandbed and obviously a CUC that I don't have to keep replenishing. LOL

Mr.Reeefer

Some soft corals can really get around. They also can expand and contract to suit their needs. Obviously yours wanted to get as much light as possible.

As for wierd things happening, I don't think I could count all the ones that have occurred in my tanks over the years.

Hi Dave,

Well I actually origionally had it at the top and it is moving its way down the tank currently away from the light, maybe it's moving closer to the wave makers, I know that they can get around, all that has amazed me is its extremely good navigation skills, especially since the rock that it is attached to isn't even, it must have almost worked like a submarine, takes in water to expand and float and expels water to lower itself, but I don't know what it is steering with lol, since it is always upright, never has it fallen over in its travels

Mr.Reeefer

One other thing that's Weird and funny in my tank is my Toby puffer, which is generally known to like meaty foods. Since he is a bit of pig and likes to eat, he has grown a fascination with nori, he eats heaps of it, since feeding time is only once daily on the meaty foods he has decided to join the tangs so he can eat all day

DaveK

Sometimes having one fish that eats a food teaches the others that what is being fed is food.

It's sort of like kids that will not try a new food until they see others eating it. Once they try it, they can't get enough.

Mr.Reeefer

Sometimes having one fish that eats a food teaches the others that what is being fed is food.

It's sort of like kids that will not try a new food until they see others eating it. Once they try it, they can't get enough.

Correct, very Wierd yet quite amazing too me, especially to witness it all from my bed not DVDs