Solaris Display won't change

Dreadneck

I have the solaris but something happened, I can’t enter any information on the display. The display shows the correct date and time and what mode it is in. The lights function according to the last setting (solar mode) however, no matter what button on the display I press it isn’t recognized. I can’t enter set up or change anything – it’s like it is stuck.

Has this ever happened to anyone, does anyone know how to reboot the thing back into a working manner?

I called Solaris (PFO) but I guess due to the pending lawsuit - no one is there so like my display I too am stuck!

Thanks

rmlevasseur

Mine hasn't stayed stuck, but has acted like it wants to. My backlight also won't work. Have you tried completely unplugging it? If that works, try a reset to factory defaults.

If that doesn't work, open it up. You will find a ribbon cable that connects the display to the main board. Try unplugging that and plugging back in. Of course do this while unplugged.

lcstorc

I've not had any problems with mine but in general hate that type of control on any item. I often have trouble and have to push very hard to get it to recognize the command. I am not referring to my Solaris just the type of control button.

Fish Crazy

On manual mine shows 100 % but I can tell it's not so I use the Auto setting and the timer - I too have been trying to get ahold of PFO - very disturbing

kgross

I feel for you guys. It looks like PFO is gone. They layed off all the employees, website is gone. Not good.

Kim

rmlevasseur

On manual mine shows 100 % but I can tell it's not so I use the Auto setting and the timer - I too have been trying to get ahold of PFO - very disturbing

This is odd. Factory reset should set them back to 100%.

The second I lose one led, I'm buying a new light. This has been painful for many of us.