So...how long can a fish stay hidden?

EllisJuan

I added a High Fin Goby (about 1.5") and a snapping shrimp (about .75") on Saturday. I have been searching for them during feeding and have not seen them once. I can not even find the burrow I suspect they are in. My tank is only a 65g...I would have thought I would have found them by now :(

bshady

i would give it a week or so and if still no luck i would start getting worried. Has any of your lr shifted since you got the pair?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
its not how long they can hide, more like how long can you watch, there is a whole nightclub scene happening when your sleeping lol

waucedah_joe

My high finned goby stayed hidden for 3 months! I was certain it was dead and then one day there he was at feeding time darting out from the rocks to eat. This in a 75 gal. tank.

I have a Yellow Watchman in my 30 gallon tank, and I go days without seeing him. He's created a tunnel/hole in the back of the tank and I'm lucky if I see him once or twice a week. Such a cool fish, but not very personable!

EllisJuan

Managed to snap a couple of pics tonight...

cf9e896b.jpg

812ec3bc.jpg

jpsika08

Wow, that is one of the coolest fish I have seen, congrats on managing a snap shot on the little guy :)

jpsika08

Rob, this is why I want to avoid small fishes like the one I had in the 275g, (Yellow clown Goby), it was like playing where's waldo LOL,