Snowflake Clowns hosting Torch!

:) This is the very moment that makes me soooo happy to have a saltwater tank. Last Night I introduced 2 bonded Platinum Clowns, shut the lights off . They didnt eat this morning with the rest of the fish but that was expected.

Anyway I came home sick midday and to find my Snowflake Clowns (been in about a month) are hosting my Torch (added 5 days ago). Its so cute.

My thoughts are....is this of any danger or harm to the torch as he is constantly being (bothered)? Thoughts guys? Here is a pic and I uploaded a video to YouTube on it but waiting for it to post, will add the link to the video later :)

null_zpsfcb0bae0.jpg

Bjones

That's sweet. Are your clown pairs territorial towards each other? I have a pair in my home tank hosting in a RBTA and a pair in a 5G Fluval Spec at the office. Just want to see what my options would be if I decided to get something different in the Spec.

no they actually seem to stay close to each other and play. i even noticed the smaller of the 2 picasso's was rubbing up on one of the platinums....as if he was trying to bond with a platinum lol.

So day 2 with the platinums, they declined micas shrimp on day 1 and declined bloodworms this morning. even put a pinch of pellets in there they didnt even care. anyone ever have a new fish die of starvation? or do they always eat when they get hungry enough?

Blue Space

they're still acclimating so it's okay for now. when they're hungry they will eat. Did you ask the lfs what they were eating when you bought them?

Akshay

IMO... just keep an eye on them in the night when lights are low/off, cause the coral is going to deflate in low light and clowns normally have a habit of rubbing into dwindling anemones to get em perked up so they can sleep in them.... and this being a coral it isn't gonna respond like a nem.
Basically their rubbing shouldn't end up in the fleshy part of the coral being cut against it's stony skeleton.

AquaFXdotnet

RS Sponsor
That's awesome to see I have two clowns that dove right for my anemone and have been happy there since! So awesome to see in person.

Oxylebius

So day 2 with the platinums, they declined micas shrimp on day 1 and declined bloodworms this morning. even put a pinch of pellets in there they didnt even care. anyone ever have a new fish die of starvation? or do they always eat when they get hungry enough?

How's it going? I'm assuming that since you hadn't followed up with more requests on how to get your clowns to eat, that they are eating now? How's the coral holding up to being disturbed so much? And the clowns, any signs that they are being stung?

Great video.