Smokinjoe's JBJ28 HQI

amc78cj7

I need your quick opinion of the JBJ 28ga. HQI setup. What do you like dislike? What has needed to be replaced or fixed? I can buy a used one with stand and 1.5 y.o. bulbs for $400 including live rock and live sand. But I'm worried that the hood may overheat.

Thoughts?

Please see my post in the aquarium section. Looking forward to having a reef tank again after 2 years. I'm depressed by looking at my laptop background pic from my last nano :(

BlackberryFeb2011pictures121.jpg

I like it so far. Have not had any overheating issues, it stays at a balmy 79 degrees in the tank. All in all, if it's a good deal, I'd say go for it. One thing you might consider is adding an extra powerhead and the skimmer that comes with, is just "eh"

Well mine has only been in operation for about 3 months, but I have not had any kind of issues. I have read these things CAN get hot, but I have not had that issue so far. You could always get a small fan, like an Azoo and add that to the ballast. I may have to do that come summer! Good luck!

catran

Yeah, I need to order the Twin Azoo fan for mine. My office is warm, so the tank temp is 84 degrees with the light on. I can't stock it at that temp!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks I tried using just my phone to send it everything is growing fast. Want some Xenia? Haha

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

So I had a stocking question -

I have my Clown, Dottyback, Chromis, and YWG. I was thinking about a 4 or 6 line wrasse to help with flatworm issue. Would that be overstocking?? I don't want to use flatworm exit with all my stars and pods.

What you all think?