Smart phone addiction!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey everyone!
Just thought I would start an off topic on phones and see what everyone else is holding. :)
my latest for this year has been the Galaxy Note 3.
This is the perfect phone for me. The size is great, I love the S pen option and use it often.
Battery life is twice the time from my last phone galaxy s4.
It is sporting a "Komandant" metal case, very tough yet elegant at the same time. Red frame black back. I love it! Shipping took a long time though.
Before the Komandant I was using Spigen's "Neo Hybrid".
Another great case, took a lot of hits before it finally failed in a weak area around the phone jack. I would buy it again.
For the screen cover I don't mess with films. Pain in the buttons with bubbles and don't last very long.
Instead I use Spigen's "GlAS.tR slim"
It is a tempered glass with a 9H hardness. Comes with rounded edges and is chemically coated with Oleophobic that resists smudging.
It's a bit heavy with all this but feels good in the hand.
The case really changed this phone from the plastic feel to a more quality feel like the iPhone.
I love the build of the iPhone but prefer the android software.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
After I got my iPad, I found out I L:heart:VE IT!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I found out I don't even like using my iPhone anymore :D
What I was using my phone for is 100 times better on my iPad. :yup:
So, I might forget to take my iPhone when I leave the house but not very often do I forget my iPad.
Who likes talking on the phone anyway? Not me ;) :yup:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just going to start off by saying that I may or may not be a massive Samsung fan :goofy: lol
My last phone was the s3 and I adored that thing! One of the best bits of tech I've ever had and I love my tech haha It was truly hard to fault! Unfortunately when I renewed/updated my phone contract I was able to get the s5 which was a bit of a lose due to the cost (it was an extra $15 a month versus the extra $2 a month I pay for what I did get).
I still managed to come out on top though! I got the new Nexus 5 and it's an amazing phone too :) Nice and simple and straight forward, it doeswhat it needs too and you can add as many bells and whistles as you want to it! There's something nice about the basic android system and it's an amazing feeling phone too :) Camera is a let down though having come from a Samsung which have amazing cameras!!
I don't use cases or screen protectors as I dislike the way it changes the feel of the phone (screen protectors make me angry :p) but that's just me and I've always been exceptionally careful with my phones! I dropped the s3 a few times and that thing is bloody indestructable haha

I'm wholeheartedly anti-apple :dead: I only own an ipod due to the space size of them (and I've had it for 5+ years lol). I dislike apple's progamming and operating system amongst a few other things! Android all the way baby!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
After playing in the "Android" arena for several years my Corp switched over to iOS a couple years ago. I fought the change tooth and nail but in the end I lost the battle. I hate to admit it's the best LOSS I've had to date. I absolutely LOVE the iOS and my iPhone 5S. I've yet to have a single hiccup on this pone since I got it in 2013. It does everything I want it to do and does it every time.

I'll go out on a limb and say I'm not a Power User when it comes to my phone so I'm far from pushing it's limits and capabilities but for how I use the phone day in and day out I doubt I'll ever go back to an Android OS again. As much as that pains me to say (I'm a huge Windows guy) I'm iOS and plan to stay that way.

sirrealism

Frankie. I am still on the fence but I am prob going s5. I like the note3 but the s5 can do a little more of what I need.
wrangly. Shame on you for giving up the S5 for Nexus 5. JK But in my opinion there is no other phone that compares to the S5. My co worker just got the new LG that has the same specs as the G5 and he already regrets it Problem after problem.
I had a I4s and sorry guys it was crap compared to what I got next which was a G3. That thing is a beast and I have been running it for 3+ years with nothing but a screen protector and I am a transmission builder so my hands are always covered in grease or trans fluid and I touch my phone all time. I even droped in in a pan of fluid once and it still works perfect and looks great. For anyone wanting to buy a phone cheap that can do it all the G3 is still a great phone.
The wife has the G5 and I will be getting one well when I get around to going to Sprint and picking it up. Though it will be a sad day to retire the G3.
My daughter has the I5 and she loves it. Is it just me but it seems that Apple phones are for the 20 somethings and under. Where the droids are for us old fogies. I could be wrong but has anyone else noticed kids all have apple.